Hi everyone, first post here. I cont see to figure out what I did wrong but after doing a HDR merge of 3 photos the MP went from about 20mp (5568x3712) to 4mp(2542x1695). I did this on my windows computer but took screen shots of the file data on my phone. Please see attached pictures with the photo data on them. If anything I would think stacking photos into a HDR merge would create a higher quality photo not a lower quality one.... thanks for the help!
Never mind. Reconsidered my answer, and withdrew it. I wish this Forum had an option to delete messages, but it doesn't.
Thankfully I was able to see your response before you removed it. I did not know about the upscaling option. So that was still helpful too
The HDR file appears to be a smart preview since it has a long edge dimension of 2560 pixels which is typical for smart previews. Did you do the merge in Lightroom Classic by any chance? Classic can only upload smart previews.
That's for the response. I used the newer Lightroom that has the cloud backup not the classic one. But your making me wonder if I did the merge on my laptop or desktop.... I believe they are supposed to synchronize with the cloud version I'm using so I don't know if that would make a difference or not. I do know I loaded the original photos on the laptop while I was traveling, but I'm not sure if I did the HDR merge while traveling or after I got home.
Ah. Yeah it probably merged the smart previews instead of the full raw files. I would try again making sure the full raw has been downloaded.
Jao, I believe you are correct. I pulled my laptop and made a new HDR merge and now I have 5532x3688. Reading online Lightroom is not supper to be able to made a HDR from a smart preview but somehow mine did. Pretty sure I was making edits on the flight home from Maui killing time on the flight. I figured the full files were on the computer so it would have automatically used them but I guess not... thanks again for the quick help.
Thisn exact thing has happened to me when I had no internet connection so I recognized the situation. Glad it works correct now.