• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I delete the files in my cloud storage?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I am using Lightroom CC. I have historically only performed local backups of images. I only want the cloud storage for when I am traveling. I inadvertently selected the sync option for my entire library at some point, and the system tell me that the storage is 97% full. However, when I go into the creative cloud app to look for files, there are none. What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Nevermind. I figured it out myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SparksPhotography,

Are you using Lightroom CC or Lightroom CC Classic? Here is some info about the difference. Lightroom CC Common questions

Which version you're using will make a difference in terms of how I'd approach your questions.

• Lightroom CC primarily uses cloud storage in which case you may want to do pursue getting more cloud storage.
  • If you're using Lightroom CC Classic and have uploaded photos online that you want to remove to free up your cloud storage space, the content will appear here Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom when you sign in with your Adobe ID
    • Images stored there also count towards your Creative Cloud storage used in addition to Creative Cloud Files.
    • If you click the Lightroom logo in the top left and go to Account Info you can delete your entire online library or alternatively just remove individual albums.

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

Thanks for replying, but no that does not answer my question, but it is the only answer that seems to be given. As stated, I use Lightroom CC, not Lightroom CC Classic. I only want to know how to empty my cloud storage. I don't want to upgrade as I only plan to use the cloud storage for images that I have edited while traveling. The issue is, there is nothing showing in my online library. but I constantly get the notification that my storage is 97% full. I just want to clear the message, and have the 20GB free.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I figured it out myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do it?  I did this same thing.  Tried to use Lightroom CC, hated it over Lightroom Classic, but I also inadvertantly hit the Sync button and now it's all full.  I just want to clear out the Cloud Storage.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear @SparksPhotography I got same experience ... could you please share me your solution ... thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the process of deleting files which have appeared on another device because syncing has turned itself on again - at some stage - is very ambiguous.  How do you know you aren't deleting across all the devices.

How can you have control over what is synced and what isn't?

A cynical person might think it is deliberately confusing so you wind up buying storage.

The only wireless transfer I need is airdrop to get an image onto another device.  I do not want to ever put my 84000 photographs (mainly raw) onto the cloud.  I really loathe the fact that unless you jump through hoops it happens without you asking.

cranky the Luddite kermudgion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for an answer to your question...how to delete images from cloud storage... because I am running into the same problem and have been unable to figure out how to do it. Suggestions, anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines