• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I delete photos? What REMOVED is this junk?

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to do a relatively simple task, sync tethered photos in lightroom on my laptop to appear in the main pc on a decent monitor - well it turns out I can't do this and the only way to get photos across my devices is using this new lightroom cc.

So I installed the lightroom cc and wow what an irritating experience, I almost punched the laptop screen I got so angry at all the time wasted and stupid icons that have no meaning to me. What is this? lightroom for morons?

Well anyway it looks like I'm forced in to using this REMOVED software, so for gods sake can somebody PLEASE tell me how to delete all the images it seems to have collected and placed in the cloud.... yes I can click on them 1 by 1 and delete each individual one, but unfortunately I don't have the next 8 years spare in order to do that manually and the app seems to have absolutely no method to select all images at once and delete.

Please someone just tell me how to select ALL images this program contains in the cloud and delete every single one of them. Without having to do it manually.

Anyway, there it is, my request for help and if any Adobe engineers are reading this, don't you dare remove classic lightroom because this new thing is a joke.

[Profanity removed... families visit this forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK OK I've worked out how to delete... turns out you can only 'select all' if you use a specific view of the images..... clever idea huh....

OK so next problem, I seem to be missing a ton of standard lightroom functionality.

First of all I'm clicking the 'add photos' button and well.... nothing happens. So this might be a stupid question, but how REMOVED do you get photos in to the software?

Also I can't find any way for the program to watch a folder and auto import.... i presume this is missing too? I have a specific folder where my tethered images go and I just need the REMOVED things to get in to lightroom, get onto the cloud and turn up on my main machine.... seriously somebody help me because I've wasted hours of my life here this is a joke.

This can't be right, please don't send me to google or a tutorial or a faq or help page, just tell me please how to do it because I'm giving this one last try then giving up and I'll just have to  go back to putting everything on usb and manually transferring it, and really that's not what I'm paying hundreds a year for adobe.....

I've not been this angry at a piece of software since a virus wiped my hard drive in 1998.

[Profanity removed... families visit this forum... Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC isn't for tethering, isn't for power users, isn't for auto import, isn't an "upgrade" from the "old" Lightroom. It is a new Lightroom for a different type of user who is on the go and needs Lightroom and their images available on all devices immediately. From your description of your frustrations, it doesn't sound like it is designed for you YET. You're going to have to give it some time to mature before it will live up to your expectations. In the meantime, I suggest you consider Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok fair enough, I'm just a little angry at all the time I wasted with it.

So back to classic lightroom.... how do I get my images from my laptop classic lightroom to my desktop classic lightroom without having to mess around with usb sticks and manually transfering files??

I can sync classic lightroom to mobile lightroom no problem, but it seems to be a one way type thing, I can't see to sync 2 standard lightrooms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garyc78841338  wrote

Ok fair enough, I'm just a little angry at all the time I wasted with it.

So back to classic lightroom.... how do I get my images from my laptop classic lightroom to my desktop classic lightroom without having to mess around with usb sticks and manually transfering files??

Not really. You're going to have to use the feature to "Export as catalog" and export everything on your laptop as a catalog, including the images. Depending on how big your catalog is and how many images you have, that might require an external hard drive. Then you would take that hard drive or USB stick to your other computer and open Lightroom and choose the option to import from another catalog and follow the prompts. If you go to YouTube I'm sure you can find a tutorial on how to do it. I have never done it, but lots of people have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies, pretty disappointing really though.

Absolute ton of hassle to simply keep all your files from all your devices synced up, even worse is that the syncing bit appears to work great with the new lightroom, it's just so basic that it's not usable for the rest of what I need.

If only they could put in the same cloud feature to the classic lightroom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately at this time you have to decide which is more important for your workflow, the syncing or the advanced tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Brad+Lawryk  wrote

Unfortunately at this time you have to decide which is more important for your workflow, the syncing or the advanced tools.

How true! When Lightroom CC was first introduced it seems to me that a lot of users assumed that it was the upgrade for the "old" Lightroom and that it was the way to go. A lot of people made the switch without really taking the time to evaluate the new program and to discover how it fits into the family of Lightroom programs. I have both installed on my computer. I play with Lightroom CC a little and have "imported" a few images directly into it. I experiment with it a little, but have not migrated my catalog and don't intend to do so any time soon. I'm much more comfortable with Lightroom Classic CC. I like Classic much better for me. I just wish everyone could objectively evaluate the two programs and choose the one that works best for them. They are both good. However, individual circumstances and needs will make one more attractive than the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess  wrote

I like Classic much better for me. I just wish everyone could objectively evaluate the two programs and choose the one that works best for them. They are both good. However, individual circumstances and needs will make one more attractive than the other.

Exactly, the new LR CC is better for 'me' as I do most of my photography with the iPhone X. Having everything synced and ready on my laptop when I get home or back to the hotel including any edits I made on my phone or iPad is the better workflow for me. But as you say, they are two completely different animals. For the serious photographer that works mainly from one computer LR Classic is probably the best way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that's a failure from Adobe then, their launcher just lists it as being right there under photoshop so it looks like it's just the latest version, along with renaming the old one to 'classic' - making it sound obsolete. The differences and limitations are poorly communicated.

So yes I did make the mistake of thinking it's just the latest version (and wasted half a day trying to work out what it can and can't do).

I absolutely hate it though, I can see its use for mobile users but I really hope they keep updating the classic version and don't start splitting off features between versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines