• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import GoPro videos into Lightroom for iPad OS?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I import videos for GoPro iPad IOS app? The videos do not show up in the import function on the app.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Can you import the same videos into the iOS Photos app?  If iOS itself supports your type of video, then Lightroom should be able to see it and import it.  This may be a limitation of the device/OS.

If you have access to a Mac or Windows PC, sign into your same account at https://lightroom.adobe.com/, and drag and drop the videos into your library or specific album.  The Lightroom web app is generally able to import more kinds of file types.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you import the same videos into the iOS Photos app?  If iOS itself supports your type of video, then Lightroom should be able to see it and import it.  This may be a limitation of the device/OS.

If you have access to a Mac or Windows PC, sign into your same account at https://lightroom.adobe.com/, and drag and drop the videos into your library or specific album.  The Lightroom web app is generally able to import more kinds of file types.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom community. I'd love to help you figure this out. I'll need more information on this.

What format are the videos saved/shot in? Can you copy the videos manually to the iPad storage & import them to Lightroom?

Please share some sample videos with us. If you're using HEVC video format, it will not work as HEVC from non-ios devices is not fully supported with Lightroom. Try importing an MP4 video from the GoPro & let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEVC is the only option for GoPro 10

i can copy import files to photos and then to Lightroom but not ideal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is also with the GoPro Hero 11. There is only mp4 HEVC. That's really not funny from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines