• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I rename photos in New Lightroom CC?

Participant ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I right-click on a photo in New Lightroom CC, I can choose to copy it. However, the copy gets the same name as the original. How do I change the file name?

Thanks, Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't rename photos in LRCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll stop trying then!

I have discovered a work-around though. If you right-click and Save Original, you can then rename the saved file using the usual operating system methods and then import the renamed file into Lightroom CC. It's a bit long winded, but it works.

I'm one step nearer to moving back to Lightroom Classic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but doesn't that just add more images to your library? Do you really want "duplicate" images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding me?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, life's too short for joking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So stupid... Why on earth remove features that are so commonly used? Following in Apple's footsteps it seems.

Back to the old version of Lightroom, where I get more than two export settings. Sorry... I mean 'Save to' settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloooo. Adobe, please, may we have RENAME FILES in LRCC or are you going towards the money making monster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't - Adobe wants you to buy and thus pay for both versions - LightroomCC and Classic  - there are no intentions to change this. It is an intentional setup as confirmed by their helpdesk 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being able to rename files is beyond dumb. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really makes Lightroom kind of useless. I need to be able to rename and batch rename easily.The names need to stick for exporting. 

I think I will go back to iphoto as it is easier to do this. Makes me wonder why people bother inventing these programs without some very basic features like renaming and batch renaming. It is a pity because otherwise Lightroom CC is quite nice to use......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized I now have to use Bridge CC

You can export and rename all the files that way but because I edited my gallery out of order, even when I sort them by capture time before the export, once I open the export window it shows them in the order I edited them which doesn't work at all. So, alas, I end up having to use Bridge CC and it works like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange how Adobe cannot implement this simple feature in Lightroom mobile. I have tried to contact them via email and made recommendations etc but to no avail. It is really puzzling why a big company like this will not listen to its' customers. Is there some way some member of this support community could make an appeal to ADOBE. Please implement BATCH RENAME in LIGHTROOM MOBILE A.S.A P. THANK YOU!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here we are in 2023. We have AI, but my stupid ass camera nor Lightroom can add the date to the filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines