• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop lightroom from uploading my photos to the cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom installed on computers and a phone. I don't want it to auto upload photos to the cloud. How do I stop photos from uploading?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Owen,

I see you are new here .. welcome!! 
Lightroom is available in two different versions for desktop/laptop use, 'Lightroom' is the verdion that stores your images in the cloud so there are available anywhere at anytime, Lightroom Classic stores your files locally with the option of syncing to the cloud. Additionally there are cloud ecosystem versions for phone, iPad and web.

Storing in the cloud is your own choice and will determine which app you chose....

Rule #5 from Lightroom v1.0 "Enjoy"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not new to this community. Adobe is just really un responsive unless i
pied piper a group of people to back it. Most of this stuff get bury and
mixed in with old adobe software they no longer repot

Still awful delivery
Adobe does not really display that in the CC app name. This article has a
bogus name that doesnt even match to lightroom name.

If your on a slow connection or even metered connection this thing is
uncontrollable with out bombing the app (cc 2022)

Like the first person . Give the Option

Classic is the new lightroom and cloud light room is cloud Lightroom. Cloud
keynote isn't a local app that saves your presentation to the cloud.
Its a browser with key note. So think about that when branding

Classic is like your going to phase it out and it shouldn't be.
At no point in time would i ever trust adobe cloud to manage my disaster
recovery.

--
*Tyler Owens*
I.T. Systems Administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nice workflow I have is to use Lightroom Classic to store my whole library, then create a collection that syncs with Lightroom, I only add the files I want in the cloud to this collection.

Steps:

1.  Create a collection
  2.  In the options check the box 'Sync with Lightroom' and 'Set as target collection' (not required but useful)
  3.  Add photos you want in the cloud to this collection

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 7.46.55 am.png

The option 'Set as target collection' is useful because you can just press the 'B' key to add a photo quickly to that collection or click the grey circle top right on a thumbnail.

If you don't see the option 'Sync with Lightroom' when you create a collection just click the cloud icon top right of the module picker to enable sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found this thread doing an internet search for "lightroom forcing me to use the cloud."  It's revealing to see the back and forth comments in this thread.  It says omething about peoples' ideologies.  Some people seem to like monopolies and others want choice.  Competition makes everything better in my opinion.  Lose the competition and choices eventually disapear.  Generally speaking about ideology, some people are ok with monopolies, or even prefer them, and others are not ok with it and like and want competition.  This is in peoples' DNA I think.  We are how we are.  Examples of this are scattered throughout these forums.  It is true that if you don't like it, then you don't have to buy it.  But this is the only choice in the sense that no other software comes close to what pros need, so that they can run a business and make a living.  I wish Adobe would understand this ideological difference in people, and create their products to accommodate everyone.  This would go a long way in making for a better user experience. But the way of the world seems to be less or no choice in many other aspects of business and life.  Such is life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines