• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I sync Lightroom mobile presets to new phone?

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! 

I recently purchased some lightroom mobile presets (I don't have paid desktop subscription, just the free phone app) and I was told they would sync to my new phone. However I logged into my account and they aren't there, 

Does anyone know how to get them onto my new phone? 

Thanks in advance 🙏🏽

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry about the issue with the presets. With the free version of Lightroom mobile, the data (images and presets) is stored locally on the device and not synced across devices. 

You would need to re-import/install the presets on the new phone.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the issue with the presets. With the free version of Lightroom mobile, the data (images and presets) is stored locally on the device and not synced across devices. 

You would need to re-import/install the presets on the new phone.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have the Lightroom / Photography paid subscription can I transfer my presets and my photos to a new phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jamey22089926ajbr wrote:

If I have the Lightroom / Photography paid subscription can I transfer my presets and my photos to a new phone.

If you have a subscription plan, they will sync automatically after login. You will not have to transfer anything.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I bought a new phone. And learned that when having the free version, my photos + presets don't automaticly transfer. So I purchaded the paid version. But my data doesn't seem to sync. And does not show on my new phone. How can I fix this? 
thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you login on the old phone after you purchased that plan? And did you give the old phone enough time to sync?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Christina26501119qljp  If your old phone only had the 'Free' version, then your photos and presets would only exist in that phone with the App. They do not sync to the Cloud.

You may be able to restore presets IF you had made a backup of your old phone with iTunes (or iCloud).

These type of questions are also complicated and confusing for me!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Christina26501119qljp said "And learned that when having the free version, my photos + presets don't automaticly transfer. So I purchaded the paid version." That means she can sync the photos and presets to the cloud after all (and then sync them down from the cloud into the new phone) if she logs into her account on the old phone, and give it time to sync.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have the member ship. And my friend logs into my account, can he use my presets also? Or is that not possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines