• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable Cloud Sync for old Albums?

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I'm looking for a setting in Lightroom that would allow me to disable Cloud Syncing for older albums of photos in lightroom which I do not need Cloud Access for. 

I have large batches of photos which I rarely need, and they are clogging up my 100GB Cloud Storage cap. I am fine with them being locally stored on my desktop and only accessible through this machine, rather than the Cloud. 

I have tried going into the scarce settings under the cloud icon in the top right corner of LR, and I have tried various 'right-click' menus on individual albums, but have not found a "Sync to Cloud" toggle on a photo/album/folder basis. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no selective sync option within the Lightroom cloud system, i.e. every image added via any of the Lightroom apps will automatically sync to the cloud. You can certainly download those images to a local drive, but only by exporting as orginal or by using the Lightroom Downloader, and then removing them from the cloud. But you'd then have no visibilty of those images from within Lightroom.

I believe there's an existing feature request for a selective sync option at the official Adobe Feedback site, I suggest you add your vote to that request: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-ecosystem-select...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you synchronizing collections from Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines