• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable Lightroom Mobile?

New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to use Lightroom Mobile. Every time when i start Lightroom the "getting started windows" of Lightroom Mobile pops up. Any idea how to permanently disable Lightroom Mobile and/or getting rid of the annoying gettting started window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Hi,

I had the exact same problem.

This fixed it for me Lightroom 6.3 on Mac:

Click on upper left ; Lightroom

Identity Plate setup

choose soemthing else besides Mobile

enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing that needs solving or fixing.

See above post by

"I answered this question with the best solution.

Create a Dummy Catalog. When that prompt shows up sign in to LR Mobile and link a Dummy collection in the dummy catalog. The collection doesn't have to have any images in it. Once you set that up and never sign out of LR mobile the prompts will stop. You don't need LR mobile on any mobile device

Also why are you always creating catalogs. The only time that prompt comes up is when you create a new catalog"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help John.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I will tell you how I use LR and then maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I have my whole catalog on one external HD.  Within Lightroom, I have a bunch of folders (or I guess collections) in the collection area that I'm constantly adding and deleting images from based on projects.  In the past this has worked flawless for me i.e. for years.  Now, each time I delete anything from one of these folders, I get this annoying pop up and it kills my workflow.  My guess is that each time I delete an image, it creates an updated catalog?  You may not agree with how I work, but this is the way I like to use this program and I'd like to continue to use it this way.  I have no interest in LR Mobile.  Will the dummy catalog work for me? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jsrockit wrote:

Thanks for trying to help John. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I will tell you how I use LR and then maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have my whole catalog on one external HD. Within Lightroom, I have a bunch of folders (or I guess collections) in the collection area that I'm constantly adding and deleting images from based on projects. In the past this has worked flawless for me i.e. for years. Now, each time I delete anything from one of these folders, I get this annoying pop up and it kills my workflow. My guess is that each time I delete an image, it creates an updated catalog? You may not agree with how I work, but this is the way I like to use this program and I'd like to continue to use it this way. I have no interest in LR Mobile. Will the dummy catalog work for me?

OK, let's clarify some details. You say "each time I delete anything from one of these folders, I get this annoying pop up". You do mean collections in the Collections panel, not folders whicj are in the Folders panel? There is a dialog box that appears when you remove images from a collection that has been synced to LrMobile, but it's different from the dialog box that invites people to start syncing a new catalogue with LrMobile. So what does your pop up actually say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message I get is:

"Images will be removed from Lightroom mobile when sync is enabled."

This happens every time I remove an image from a collection.  LR 6.8 on a Mac.  I'm hitting delete and yes, it only;y removes it from the collection, not LR or my HD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to get rid of this message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Sync disabled or "paused"? Click the Identity Plate - it should show there. If so, it looks like that message appears when photos have previously been synced to LrMobile, but sync has then been disabled. As you say you don't want to use LrMobile at all, I think you can stop the message forever by going into Preferences, Mobile, and hitting Delete all Data. So there will be nothing synced, and no reason for that message to appear (I's surprised it hasn't got a Do Not Show Again box).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your continued help.  Yes, sync is disabled.  I'm using the stand alone version and when I try to "Delete All Data" it brings me to page that tells me my CC trial has expired and I need to subscribe in order to be able to sync again.  I never willingly joined either CC or mobile and never willingly synced to either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yuck, that's something I can't easily simulate with my setup. You are on the latest version of Lr6, 6.8?

I assume that you only get the message when you remove photos from certain collections? Not from other collections? Is that right? Assuming it is so, can you right click on the the problem collections and is there an option to un-sync it?

How many collections are affected? If only a few, you could duplicate each collection, then delete the original one. This will probably show a message, but once per collection rather than each time you remove a photo.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart Lr Desktop.

Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is.  Or, at least, might trigger it to occur again. So remove the Sync.lrdata, start Lr Desktop, and then try to remove a photo and in case you still run in to this issue ... create at this point a Lr Desktop diagnostic log which can hopefully provide some clues.

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

You can trigger the diagnostic-log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

Hope this helps.

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Just out of nowhere it stopped doing this.  Very strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that to hear that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I seem to have a worse problem:

When I updated my standalone LR to LR 6.10, it apparently also installed a trial version of LR mobile. Since I had no use for it, I did not pay attention.

But now the trial version has expired, and when I try to print an image, I get a huge watermark "Lightroom" across the center of the print.

I tried to log out from LR and then logged in again (with the serial number) to establish my legitimate use of LR 6.10 -- but this did not affect the watermark on the prints.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Fritz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Lr or installing LrMobile does not cause this problem. You have forgotten to change your settings in Print.

In Print, look at the Page panel and the Identity Plate check box.

Also, are you sure that the photo isn't one that you exported with a watermark, then imported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that did it.

Great help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks,

that was extremely helpful

Von: john beardsworth

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 24. Mai 2017 08:05

An: Scharpf, Fritz

Betreff: How to disable Lightroom Mobile?

How to disable Lightroom Mobile?

created by john beardsworth<https://forums.adobe.com/people/john+beardsworth> in Lightroom for mobile & Apple TV - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9533480#9533480>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jsrockit wrote:

Thanks for trying to help John. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I will tell you how I use LR and then maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have my whole catalog on one external HD. Within Lightroom, I have a bunch of folders (or I guess collections) in the collection area that I'm constantly adding and deleting images from based on projects. In the past this has worked flawless for me i.e. for years. Now, each time I delete anything from one of these folders, I get this annoying pop up and it kills my workflow. My guess is that each time I delete an image, it creates an updated catalog? You may not agree with how I work, but this is the way I like to use this program and I'd like to continue to use it this way. I have no interest in LR Mobile. Will the dummy catalog work for me?

Are they folders, in the Folders area, or Collections, in the Collections area. Two totally different things.

What is listed in the Folders area are actual Folders on your hard drive that you have imported images from.

Collections are just a Grouping of Images and can be from one or many different folders and or hard drives.

You say you have your whole catalog on an External HD. Having images stored on an External drive does not constitute a Catalog in LR terms.

Having all those images imported into one LR CATALOG File, which is just a Database file, then constitutes as a Catalog of your images.

When you Delete images from a collection how are you doing it, what are the step you take (Be exact).

The reason I ask this is if you right click on an image that is in a collection you select Remove from Collection from the popup menu that comes up the image is removed from that collection but you don't get any prompt and the file is just removed from that collection. If you hit the Delete key the same thing happens. But in both cases the image file is not removed from the LR catalog or Deleted from your had drive.

Please post a screen shot of the dialog box you are getting.

Please state where you are using collections or Folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m going to chime in. I upgraded LR 6.7 and the stupid box disappeared. Unfortunately, we are not alerted to any upgrades if we are not on CC, but own LR independently. I had to research to find it out. But apparently, this problem was fixed with the upgrade.

Carla Cahill

[Mod Note: Please don't leave personal information like phone numbers or email addresses in this forum to prevent spam and scams.]

carlacahill.com (photography)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines