• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to go back and forth between editing a photo in classic and cloud catalog?

Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible to seamlessly edit between the mobile and classic lightroom catalogs? Will all edits be identical in one or the other? I have a large classic catalog that i dont want to sync totally to my cloud based catalog. is there a relatively simple way to temporarily sync select photos from my laptop classic catalog with the cloud, so that i can edit them on my ipad on the go, and then disconnect them once i finish the edits and have them live in my classic catalog again without being connected to the cloud?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Yes this works great with some caveats. Just make a colection you set to sync with the cloud and drag images into it. Classic will upload smart previews (classic unfortunately cannot upllload full raw images - only smart previews but in most cases this is more than good enough) and they will be fully editable on your iPad and edits will sync back and forth. There are some subtle things like Lightroom on the iPad will ony sync the edits when you back out of the image that you want to be aware of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this works great with some caveats. Just make a colection you set to sync with the cloud and drag images into it. Classic will upload smart previews (classic unfortunately cannot upllload full raw images - only smart previews but in most cases this is more than good enough) and they will be fully editable on your iPad and edits will sync back and forth. There are some subtle things like Lightroom on the iPad will ony sync the edits when you back out of the image that you want to be aware of and you might need to know that keywords don't sync back and forth. Edits work perfectly though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh and to answer the second part, all you need to do is to unsync the images by removing them from he synced collection in Classic and they will disappear from the cloud but remain in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines