• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to have PSD files always in the cloud?

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR Classic and LR on my iMac.  LR Mobile and PS Mobile on my iPad.  My goal is to always have my PSD files in the Cloud so those will sync to my iPad.  I don't want the Smart Previews of PSD files on my iPad.  Why?  I assume if there is a smart preview of the PSD file on my iPad, when I export the file out of LR Mobile its not as high of a resolution on the resulting jpg as I can get when I export out of LR Classic.

I like LR Classic on the desktop features much better than LR on the desktop features.  Often I load my raw files into LR on my iPad.  I know those will go to the cloud and will see those files in LR Classic and LR on my iMac.  

So the best I could figure out in my workflow on the desktop is to use LR Classic to make my LR adjustments and see those sync to the cloud and then appear in LR on the desktop.  From there I then edit the file in Photoshop and when done, it is saved back to LR and will sync to the cloud and then will appear in LR Classic as well.

If I am in LR Classic and edit from there to PS and then save in PS, the psd file goes to LR Classic, but only Smart Previews go to the cloud, to LR on the desktop and LR on the iPad.

I also tried in PS on the desktop to Save As to cloud, but that file I never see in LR Classic or LR on the desktop.

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?