Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to - Lightroom mobile Exif edit ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to Lightroom mobile on iPad / iPhone (Premium plan activated) and I was wondering how I could edit Exif data : mostly to add a location to my pics. Where can it be done in LRM ? or do you know a workaround ? Preferably working in batch edit and on iOS/iPadOS devices (if not win or macOS, I don't have subscription for LR classic). 

Thanks a lot for your help

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Photoshop Forum there is a forun for Lightroon help Lightroom Classic

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my mistake... confused between LR ecosystem and PS ecosystem. 

how can a delete my topic ? 

have a nice day 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not delete your thread a moderator may be able to. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're now in right forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is negative. You can add a title, a caption and keywords in Lightroom Mobile, that's all (and not in batch).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. 
That is very unlikely it is not possible.

Do you know any workaround in order to fix my location data preferably on iOS (iPad or iPhone) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus wrote:

ExifTool by Phil Harvey

The OP is talking about iOS. ExifTool only works on desktop computers as far as I know.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I read carefully before posting it. He mentions Windows as well (also in used labels) 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eStorm626 wrote:

Thanks for the answer. 
That is very unlikely it is not possible.

Do you know any workaround in order to fix my location data preferably on iOS (iPad or iPhone) ?

It's not 'very unlikely', it's a fact. You are talking about iOS, which is a system with lots of limitations. I don't know a work around for iOS, but it is easy to do if your images would be synced with Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga if it is only a iOS limitation then Lr on Mac on pc would be able to handle my issue?

@Kukurykus right l added the win Mac tag having Lr cc in my head and it could be a solution. Your proposed tool looks very powerful but would make my workflow quite complicated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eStorm626 wrote:

@JohanElzenga if it is only a iOS limitation then Lr on Mac on pc would be able to handle my issue?

Lightroom Classic does, and if there is something that it won't do, then a plugin often does. Lightroom desktop is basically a PC/Mac port of Lightroom mobile, so it doesn't do what the mobile version doesn't do, with only a few exceptions. Changing metadata is not one of them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't understand if 'Classic' can change metadata in broader scope than 'Mobile' or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus wrote:

I didn't understand if 'Classic' can change metadata in broader scope than 'Mobile' or not?

Yes, Lightroom Classic can change a lot of metadata on its own, and there are plugins (such as plugins based on ExifTools) that can change metadata that Lightroom Classic can't change on its own, such as lens metadata or camera metadata.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure would be nice if we could geocode pics in Lightroom mobile like we can in Lightroom Classic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines