Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Lightroom Mobil On iPad offline usable

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have been using my iPad Pro as my main photo editing tool for a long time now. I mainly work as a DP so I havent been taking many photos lately. And for last 2 weeks I`ve been traveling trough Slovenia and taking pictures and editing them on my iPad as I used to. But as I travel my photos sometimes upload to cload and are just gone from the iPad (all that remains are "previews"), and I can not edit them on the road or export and upload or do anything with... I just have to come back to beter conection and even then I wait fot every single photo to be downloaded when I want to edit.

It is the worse User Experience I have ever head and it totally ruins what i liked about Lightroom so much.

Is there any way for me to keep my RAW files locally on the iPad?

In the cloud menu there is "local - Preview - not editable" and "cloud backup - Original" so I know It is set up wrong for me. I just didnt find a way to change it.

Also, I will report this as a bug as well, becouse some times the original doesn`t load .. ever. Even thou I`m connected to a very good internet connection.

Best regard to anyone who would be able to help.
Thank you, Adam 

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

When you have connection, select the three dots alongside the required Albums and select Store Locally.

This will take more more space on the device as the Originals with download (or Smart Previes depending on the Cloud Storage and Sync Preference, in Settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have connection, select the three dots alongside the required Albums and select Store Locally.

This will take more more space on the device as the Originals with download (or Smart Previes depending on the Cloud Storage and Sync Preference, in Settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing the same problem over the past weeks.
Why does LR delete the originals from the photos that I have transferred directly from my camera to my iPad? This is totally unexpected behaviour from my perspective. I wanted to get some work done while on a plane, and I can't access the photo's anymore that I had just transferred to my iPad some days before.

I do regard this to be a bug.

If I transfer photos from my camera to my iPad I expect the originals to remain there. Until I decide otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Middachten  schrieb:

If I transfer photos from my camera to my iPad I expect the originals to remain there. Until I decide otherwise.

Absolutely! 
And thats the way it used to be... AND it was perfekt.
Import directly from camera, to have the files you're working on in full res available at all time (without the need of good wifi), while in the meanwhile (when there is wifi) they are uploaded to the cloud as well, what was a great Backup.

When work was done, I opened LRclassic, transfered the already synced files to my harddrive and then delete the originals from LRmobile to just keep the Previews.

Now, like @Adam Štys  and @Middachten  reported, the photos are not accessible even if they were just imported to 1 minute ago.
"Storing locally" as referred by @selondon doesn't help much, cause the just imported files have to be downloaded from cloud again, what absolutely makes no sense when you just uploaded them some minutes ago...

Its even getting worse! 

If I don't save the albums locally, I no longer have access to them offline at all. (super annoying while traveling)
They always have to be downloaded again.
This now even leads to me having to wait while I edit a series and switch back and forth between images until they have been reloaded. If I switch off wifi and work just with the downloaded smart previews, it works seamless.

The picture I added shows an Image I just edited 1 minute before. Swiped to another image and back and boom had to wait for the download again.
When I click on the sync button it tells me that its downloading its smart preview and the actual preview is not editable. Of course not, but its an original file I just imported 5 minutes ago as you can see on the pending upload.

screenshot_kris_ipad.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines