• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to manage and search shared albums?

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Lightroom Classic for over a decade, never tried the cloud-based. Now, finally, I find myself in a situation of needing to share an album with someone else. That part was easy. But now, I'm wondering how to manage the content?

In Lightroom Classic there are all kinds of tags, flags, ratings, picks, rejects, metadata, etc, and filters to find stuff based on all those things. But, search doesn't work for shared folders. So, how do you ever find anything you need? Can't set ratings. Can't set flags. Can't add tags. Can't pick or reject photos. Can you even make subfolders within an album? A feature I wouldn't even need if I could just filter the photos. 

There doesn't seem to be ANY organizational features in a shared album other than likes. And even then, there doesn't seem to be a way to filter on liked photos. Am I missing something, or are shared albums really that limited?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

At this time only the "owner" of the shared album can add metadata (such as keywords, flags, ratings) to the images in the shared album. The people that you share the album with cannot add anything other than comments/likes (and can make selections if the "collaborative proofing" Technology Preview is used). There is no doubt an existing feature request ("idea") for this functionality to be added (though I must confess to be in two minds about having other people adding metadata to my images), y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time only the "owner" of the shared album can add metadata (such as keywords, flags, ratings) to the images in the shared album. The people that you share the album with cannot add anything other than comments/likes (and can make selections if the "collaborative proofing" Technology Preview is used). There is no doubt an existing feature request ("idea") for this functionality to be added (though I must confess to be in two minds about having other people adding metadata to my images), you should add your vote to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can see where other people adding metadata to your images can be a worry. But, in a true collaboration, there has to be a way for people to select and organize photos. Not just the owner. I'll find the feature request and add my vote, and can't wait to try the collaborative proofing in a future release. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and can't wait to try the collaborative proofing in a future release.

You can use that feature already in the LrWeb app (click on your avatar top-right of the main screen and select Technology Previews from the drop-down list, then enable Collaborative Proofing). It's still pretty basic, but might offer some use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far there was no feedback from adobe about implementing a search feature for shared album.

Why is the feature turned off for shared albums?

When will adobe enable us to search shared album per keyword?

Our team need a solution for this!

We pay for 7 licences and can't cooperate correctly (my co-worker can't find my photos because they can't look for keywords...)

So again WHEN?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reiterate my point. I do not need people to add or edit metadatas on shared albums I need them to be able to search shared Albums per keyword. When I use adobe Stock I am able to type any Word i am looking for and I get a selection of images based on my search.

The search is simply turned Off in shared album, Turn it ON! (It's a simple case of allowing it or not)

Why does adobe let us search their library (Adobe Stock) but not our Shared Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same porblem. Everyone on my comms team needs to have access to all the info including metadata and to be able to add and search by keyword. Its very frustrating that adobe didn't anticipate this product being used in a team setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, you have pointed out here very precisely on "how to manage and search shared albums". The idea of adding metadata to manage and search shared albums is really helpful.

Professional Product Photo Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have, like many others, requested a search feature within shared albums for a long time now.

It makes no sense not to be able to search a large shared library per keywords but it's been over a year and several hundreds of dollars in licence fee, and lightroom is still not a viable solution for cooperation even within CC Teams.

And there has been no feedback from any Adobe Developers on the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same boat. Search for keywords in a shared album in Lightroom is a very desirable feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 4 years without nor an answer nor a solution we are moving on to an affordable DAM solution. "KONTAINER". (Dash is also great)

We will cancel 5 licences just because we can't search in shared albums and that is a No-Go for Team Work.

The function is simply disabled too bad and too late for us.

And please no techies or sales person  from adobe should answers this (its been 4 years already, too little, too late bye)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent ages tagging my photos and shared them with my team saying it would be easy for them to search for anything... foolish me. Imagine assuming such a basic feature would be available for shared album! It is ridicukous that other people cannot search my album by tag. Not add metadata or edit anything, just search... come on Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I have a coworker that will help me manage the titles, keywords and tags for the many albums I created at work. we both have fully paid accounts with Adobe. I've shared 'edit' access to these albums with her but she can only do photo editing, not informational metadata help. THAT IS WHAT I NEED! this should be an access type that we can toggle on or off. Help us out Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is crazy! How can Adobe after more than 3 years, claim this fills their goal of 'supporting creative collaboration' as mentioned on their reason for discontinuing Synced files, https://helpx.adobe.com/au/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html?promoid=XXTQGVPB&m...

Not good enough Adobe! Listen to your users!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines