Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove distractions without using AI

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I want to use the "Remove" tool to remove distractions from my photos but I also want to avoid AI as much as possible in my art. Does all of the 'Remove' collumn in the Remove section use AI? Or is AI only used if the two checkboxes are ticked? I avoid using AI for ethical reasons.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 15.45.31.png

Alternatively I could try to use the clone or heal tool as a work around but wanted to check this first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generative AI is the AI I think you want to avoid. .

Object Aware uses AI, but only to help create the selection, not to generate pixels. 

The Remove tool with Generative AI unchecked uses Photoshop's Content-Aware technology. I believe Adobe Sensei (their older AI tech) is involved in analyzing the nearby colours and textures, but it uses elements from the photo rather than generating pixels, so you can decide how AI that is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria, thanks for your input. If I wanted to avoid AI altogether, would the best option be to use the clone or healing tools instead? Do you know if AI is involved in the geometry tools as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clone, Heal and Geometry have been around for donkey's years so I don't think there's any AI involved. Hopefully the definition of what is socially acceptable AI will get clearer over time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines