• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Customizable Borders -Lightroom Mobile 8.2.2 -

Engaged ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Lightroom Mobile now supports customizable borders per release notes. Is there a tutorial for this feature as I have no clue how to implement? Thanks.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

I don't know if there's a tutorial, but it's such a simple feature at the moment that it really doesn't need one:

1. Select an image, tap on the share icon, select "Add border and share...."

2. That opens the Border Options dialog which consists of three functions: Color, Thickness, and Border size, all of which are pretty simple to understand and control.

3. When done with the options, tap on the share icon (top right of the Border options box), then choose the export destination.

At this t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there's a tutorial, but it's such a simple feature at the moment that it really doesn't need one:

1. Select an image, tap on the share icon, select "Add border and share...."

2. That opens the Border Options dialog which consists of three functions: Color, Thickness, and Border size, all of which are pretty simple to understand and control.

3. When done with the options, tap on the share icon (top right of the Border options box), then choose the export destination.

At this time, you have no control over the pixel size, quality, file-type, etc., these are all fixed, and nor can you add a watermark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes it is simple once you ascertain that the feature resides in Share which is not intuitive and makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does make sense once you pay attention to the "share" from "Add border and share..."

What doesn't make sense is that, after border is added and it appears to be a low quality image to be saved in your Photo. That made this feature kind of pointless. 

We want to be able to control the quality of image we would like to share. Please add the other half of the features back ADOBE~.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please add the option for us users to be able to manage image size, pixel quality etc - when adding a border. I'm here late night editing on my phone, and now I have to wait til the morning to then open them up on photoshop just so that I can add a border and share my high quality images online. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A less than ideal workaround, but gives 90% resolution images is to use the scale feature.  If there was no cropping done, you can just drop the scale down, I generally use 90. 

If the image was cropped or straightened, you have another step.  First, save the final image to your device, then from your phones gallery, share the finished image back to Lightroom, then scale down for a white border. 

Using the vignette tool is another, even less ideal option because the inside corners are rounded and ever so slightly blurry, but it at least gives to the option for black borders.  Just drop the midpoint, roundness, and feather down to zero, and adjust amount to either extreme depending on the color you want.  

Or just use Adobe Express.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost one year after, this is only a correct answer if you have an Apple device.

What a joke. I've been a paying customer for the full CC package for several years, and I'm getting tired of paying the same amount as an "Apple user", but getting less functions..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It's very disappointing. I've found that exporting to Photoshop mobile before sharing to, it can save with borders, but it's not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely ludicrous that in 2024, so many features only remain available on iPhone. I say this as someone who has paid for the full version of LR for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see eny border options in Share on Lightroom mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of device are you using? If it's an iOS/iPadOS device, the add border option should be available on the first share options screen:

Screenshot_29_02_2024__11_00.jpg

However, I don't know if it is available if you are using the free version of Lightroom Mobile on iOS/iPadOS.

But if you are using an Android device, that add border option is not yet available in any version of LrM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please add this for Android users too!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Such a shame that a great app like this lacks some features on certain platform. I get it if the free versions lacks, but paying and still not being able to use some of the functionalities is a pity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines