• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I see my photo's show up as recently added but I cannot move them to an album I assigned?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see my photo's show up as recently added but I cannot move them to an album I assigned?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reality you cannot "Move" anything. Your photos are in the Adobe Cloud. And all are in "All Photos".

"Recently Added" is just a special list, as are "Albums"- something like Play Lists in iTunes.

So you can 'Assign' photos to albums, but not 'move'.

Normally you would select the thumbnails in Grid view, [Right-Click], and choose- [Add x Photos to Album...] and the list of Albums should appear to select. Is this not happening for you?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number.
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AwgPE wrote:

An album is like a playlist. You can add images to an album, but you cannot move them from places like 'All Photographs' or 'Recently Added' to an album, because these photos are still recently added photos and are still part of all your photos. That means that you can add images to multiple albums, but it is still the same one and only image. Make edits in one album, and the same image in another album is also edited.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines