• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've been deleting files for days - how can it be this slow!

Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I foolishly thought Lightroom would be a good replacement for Apple Photos and Migrated my library into it. Big mistake! 100k + images. Obviously filled my creative cloud space to max.

I now know I should have used classic (weird naming there Adobe). I'm now seeing all the attempts to make the in-obvious obvious... but I digress.

So after three days of migration, I'm doing what I can to put things back to right. Selected all a deleted, then went to the trash to permanently delete.

Now I've been deleting for two or three days and still have 96,000 images in my trash (slowly going down).
Why is deleting so hard?!
Is there some way to speed this up?
So bizarre. Feels like they have to upload them all to the cloud in order to delete them or some such nonsense. Just delete already!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

You can try deleting the entire library. I don't know for sure if this will cancel the migration process. I honestly don't know exactly what it will do. Maybe someone else here can chime in.

To delete the entire library go to lightroom.adobe.com and sign in to your account.

Then click on your avatar in the upper right corner.

Choose Account Info and you will see this panel.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 10.12.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try deleting the entire library. I don't know for sure if this will cancel the migration process. I honestly don't know exactly what it will do. Maybe someone else here can chime in.

To delete the entire library go to lightroom.adobe.com and sign in to your account.

Then click on your avatar in the upper right corner.

Choose Account Info and you will see this panel.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 10.12.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huzza! Well done. That seemed to do the trick. 

I think there were some older images in there that went with it, but well worthwhile.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Thanks for reporting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Looks like lightroom classic doesn't migrate from iphoto (and seems quite primitive compared to lightroom), so I think I'm back to the drawing board. Too bad Adobe went down this strange path (with lightroom as cloud-based only).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic manages photos on local hard drives. If you move your images out of iPhoto and into a folder structure on a hard drive, you can import them to Lightroom Classic. This is my recommended workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines