• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import button greyed out why?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other day i just got Lightroom downloaded and was exited to use when i couldn't click the import button, it was greyed out. I've tried reseting the prefereces but it didn't do anyhting.

Thanks Noah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noah,

Sorry that you cannot import images to Lightroom because the "Import" button is grayed out.

Could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom are you using? Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom CC?

Please provide a screenshot of the import window in Lightroom so that can help you better.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and I'm using Lightroom CC latest version. I've tried importing it in Lightroom Classic CC and it works pretty fine but the import button is greyed out every time I launch it. Here's what I have tried.

1. Resetting preferences

2. Reinstalling it

3. Inserting SD card to import images

4. Directly attach the camera to the PC to import.

I'm using a Nikon D7200.

The plus button is greyed out, along with the option in the drop-down menu of 'File'. I even tried Ctrl+Shift+I and that too was as useful as this software is to me right now.

What am I supposed to do with this purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Also use the same camera Fireflyfquifu

Can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that some kind of firewall is blocking this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just remove or rename any folder with a camera-generated file name, my culprit was a folder named DCIM. Then the Add button will be back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The import button looks like a plus and is called "add photos" in Lightroom CC. You are probably talking about Lightroom Classic which is a different beast. If the import button in Classic is greyed out it usually means you are not logged onto Creative Cloud. You can log on by starting the creative cloud app and logging on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are logged on, Quit all Adobe applications, log off from the creative cloud app, and log back in. Also make sure the creative cloud app itself is fully updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines