• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import GPS settings in Lightroom Mobile

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Geotag Photos2 app and am able to import GPS data into Lightroom Classic using the Map Module. However, when I travel I use the Lightroom Mobile app.

How do I acces the GPX file so I can import the location data into LR when I am on the go?

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Lightroom for mobile does not support external geo data like you're asking for.

Michael's note speaks to how Lightroom mobile will respect and maintain GPS data already embedded in an image file (whether it comes from a digital camera, or the mobile camera on the same device).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

I checked, and the settings in LR Classic was the problem. I changed them and the location shows up in Mobile when I import the JPEG. 
Thank you for the suggestion. 

Just to be clear; the only way to get GPS location in Lightroom Mobile is to import JPEGs with the information already imbedded in the file. 
If I load RAW files into LR Mobile and process them, there is no way to add GPS to the photos. 

Thank you again for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There shouldn't be any need for that, since Lightroom can add the GPS data directly as you shoot. Assuming you've granted location privileges to the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how LR can enter coordinates as I shoot, since my camera does not record GPS on its own. The data is stored in the Geotag app and saved to iCloud as a .gpx file as I take the photos. It is then manually imported into lightroom after I upload the photos from my card. I don't have the LR app with me when I shoot. At least, that is what I do when using LR Classic's Map Module.

I would love to be able to add the data directly into LR Mobile as I shoot!

Please let me know how to do that. I would love it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom for mobile does not support external geo data like you're asking for.

Michael's note speaks to how Lightroom mobile will respect and maintain GPS data already embedded in an image file (whether it comes from a digital camera, or the mobile camera on the same device).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I processed the attached RAW photo from Lightroom Classic the GPS info is present. I exported it as a JPEG to a folder on my Mac and then imported it into Lightroom Mobile on my iPad. The GPS info is not there. 
Could I have missed a step? Is there a setting that I need to change so the location shows up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure Lightroom Classic's export menu is set to preserve GPS info?  

Please see this related thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/getting-photos-out-of-lightroom-with-gp...

Otherwise, for help with Lightroom Classic, please start a new thread in that separate forum that exists for Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked, and the settings in LR Classic was the problem. I changed them and the location shows up in Mobile when I import the JPEG. 
Thank you for the suggestion. 

Just to be clear; the only way to get GPS location in Lightroom Mobile is to import JPEGs with the information already imbedded in the file. 
If I load RAW files into LR Mobile and process them, there is no way to add GPS to the photos. 

Thank you again for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I have location turned on for both LR and Geotag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines