• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Preset button on mobile Lightroom app not there

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears, I am trying to import a new preset I bought on my mobile (iPhone) Lightroom app but the drop down menu does not have the option "import preset". It only has "create preset" and "manage presets". Is there a bug in my app or am I missing something? It is version 7.1.

I tried de- and re-installing etc. nothing works. Really hope you can help me out!

Thanks so much in advance!!!

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Lightroom mobile for iOS does not have an "import preset" option (yet). The way people do it is by applying the preset to a DNG image, import the DNG image and then create a new preset from its saved settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile for iOS does not have an "import preset" option (yet). The way people do it is by applying the preset to a DNG image, import the DNG image and then create a new preset from its saved settings.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the quick answer! That really helped 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you apply the  prest, if you can't import  it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User wrote:

How do you apply the  prest, if you can't import  it?

You do that in Lightroom desktop or Lightroom Classic. Usually somebody else (the person who sold you the preset) will do that for you, because if you have Lightroom desktop, then presets created or imported in that version sync to Lightroom mobile automatically.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame.. its 2024 and Adobe still can't get it work on iOS! 
This is crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe, this is Apple who did not develop the option for import the presets on iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this a bit hard to believe. Lightroom mobile can import images, so iOS apparently allows that. So why would iOS not allow it to import presets, which are just text files with an .xmp extension? And can't you circumvent that if necessary by zipping the preset?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

damn this sucks bad, please find a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines