Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import preset to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Lightroom CC.

I want to add my old presets but I dont know how.

I used Lightroom Classic before and I know how to add preset in this classic version.

Please show me how.

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

I had to figure this out for myself just last night! This is how I did it on my Mac:

I downloaded some free presets to demonstrate this for you.

In Lightroom CC, make sure the Edit panel is open (shortcut E). At the bottom of the panel, select "Presets". This will slide out another panel. At the top of that panel, click on the three dots (...) at the top. Then select "Open Presets Folder". This opens a window.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.45.49 AM.png

In that window, I then drug my presets into the User Presets Folder.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.46.03 AM.png

I then restarted Ligh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to figure this out for myself just last night! This is how I did it on my Mac:

I downloaded some free presets to demonstrate this for you.

In Lightroom CC, make sure the Edit panel is open (shortcut E). At the bottom of the panel, select "Presets". This will slide out another panel. At the top of that panel, click on the three dots (...) at the top. Then select "Open Presets Folder". This opens a window.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.45.49 AM.png

In that window, I then drug my presets into the User Presets Folder.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.46.03 AM.png

I then restarted Lightroom CC and the presets were there. Try it and see if it works

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 9.52.50 AM copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank you for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem at all! Hope it works out for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MelissaLA88 for the anwser. Is this the only way to add preset to Lightroom CC.

Because in LR classic we can choose  presets from any folder ( not specified folder as LR CC version).

Anw, your anwser is really helpful and thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem at all! As of right now, this is the only way I've successfully added presets to Lightroom CC. I'm sure more information will float around soon though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I hope you get this reply. I have been pulling my hair out trying to install 3rd party presets. Your tutorial makes it look so easy. When I try to follow step by step (on PC) I don't have a *preset* option in my edit panel.

I have emailed the 3rd party 31 times to try to figure this out, to no avail.

I have unzipped the file, and when I go to my desktop folder, and click on the presets folder they are there, but I don't see them anywhere in LR.

I hope this makes sense and yo can help me before I go completely bonkers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Are you able to go to the File menu at the top of LR CC and select File > Import Profiles & Presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do after you select "Import Develop Profiles and Presets"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! May you know how to do it in iPhone or iPad? Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought CC about a month ago and have been wracking my brain trying to get my presets from LR 5 into CC.  I wish I had seen your post earlier.  I literally had them moved in about 3 minutes. Thanks so much for taking the time to post this easy step.  Disappointed that this wasnt easier to find in Adobe. Thanks for your time. Perfect solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good guide, you gave so much information! read this article to find out how to get Adobe Lightroom for free http://fixthephoto.com/how-to-get-lightroom-for-free.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! I was looking at other websites and stuff, they said to go to edit panel but I thought they meant the edit on the top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines