• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import preview of pictures is only in landscape mode

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having problems importing images from my Sony A7III. Whenever I try to import them to my iPad pro 11 inch using an SD card adapter, the images are only displayed in Landscape mode for import even though they were shot in Portrait mode. After successful import, the images are also displayed in portrait mode in Lightroom.

Does anyone have the same experience?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Mobile Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

I wish I did have some additional tips/tricks to share on the device, but I do not.  

If you are also a Lightroom desktop app user, platform (OS) support for your RAW image may be better, but again, you might need to import your images into Lightroom to see them correctly and then cull/organized/remove unwanted images.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it behave the same in Apple's Photos app?  Lightroom relies on the platform/OS to read images from your device, and generally what you see in the Import screen when browsing external memory is up to Apple.  After the images are imported, LR is able to process the image metadata and file contents and properly display images.  

If you are not updated to the latest possible iOS version, does updating your iPad help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

thanks for the clarification how Lightroom Mobile is working (that really helps).

I checked it on my iPad Pro and there is the same issue inside of Apple's photos app. It seems like an bug from Apples site. I'm on the latest iPadOS version 14.4.

Do you have any recommendations/tricks from your site to solve this issue? is there any way to use another import method?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I did have some additional tips/tricks to share on the device, but I do not.  

If you are also a Lightroom desktop app user, platform (OS) support for your RAW image may be better, but again, you might need to import your images into Lightroom to see them correctly and then cull/organized/remove unwanted images.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try that. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines