• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from multiple folders

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a landscape photographer and use focus stacking often.  I put each stack in its own folder on a Canon R5.  I do this so that I know what the first and last image is of the stack.  I often take the same image with different settings so if all the images are in the same folder, it can be difficult to know where one stack start and one ends.

I want to import my files into LR and maintain the folder structure.  I do not want to import into one folder (include subfolders) and then break them out after as it deeats the purpose.  I know how to add to collection one folder at a time, but my last shoot has 50 folders.   How can I do them all at once? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightrom (Cloud based) does not support 'folders' for images imported to Lightroom.

The only organisation, other than 'All Photographs', in the Lr Cloud is to manually add Photos to Albums (and Albums can be gathered in a parent 'folder of albums' )

You could keep your photos on local drives with your folders and use the 'Local' option in Lr, but you lose several benefits of having photos stored in the Cloud.

Rather that faffing with folders in camera, or importing to 'folders' I might suggest you use blank frames between 'stacks', or like panorama sets- Shoot a finger pointing right to start a pano and a finger pointing left to end the pano. Or shots of coloured cards to indicate beginning and end of a stack series.

Some extra exposures- Far simpler than trying to manage folders IMO.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines