• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing lightroom 5 catalogs to lightroom cc

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working for a long time on lightroom 5 (actually 5.7.1). I have now installed lightroom cc and wanted to import the catalog from the old lightroom 5. System tells me that this is not possible and I first need to upgrade the catalogue to lightroom 6 before I can import it into lightroom cc. any workaround for this? i don't see the point to purchase a lightroom 6 first just to get the catalogue into lightroom cc...

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Nope, you could upgrade the catalog from LR5 to Classic using a trial version, then migrate from the temporary Classic catalog into CC, if you want to move to the cloud version.

Just double check CC has the features you need, because it may be Classic you need at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to upgrade lr 5, you should be using lr cc classic.

[moved from Downloading, Installing, Setting Up to Lightroom CC]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5 catalogs are not compatible with the new Lightroom CC. There is no way to make them compatible. If you don't want to purchase Lightroom 6 then your only alternative will be to simply upload the images and start the editing process again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, you could upgrade the catalog from LR5 to Classic using a trial version, then migrate from the temporary Classic catalog into CC, if you want to move to the cloud version.

Just double check CC has the features you need, because it may be Classic you need at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Is that still correct that I'll need to update to LR6 first before I can import the catalogues into LR cc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Lightroom 6 Michael - the trial of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all you want to do is move to Lightroom CC only, you could install the trial version long enough to convert your catalog to the appropriate version so that it can be migrated. Just be aware that Lightroom CC is a lot different from what you are accustomed to. It doesn't have all the features, no print module, no book module, and you'll be coming to the forum to ask where a lot of features are that you might be accustomed to. And many of those features aren't there (yet). The reason for this is that Lightroom CC is a new program with a new interface. And I think the idea is to have that interface consistent across all devices. That includes the computer, the phone, the web, your tablet, etc. That's going to take time to develop a consistent program across all those different devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen on forums.adobe.com that I cannot import my Lightroom 5.7.1 catalog directly into Lightroom CC and that I would have to purchase Lightroom 6 or "upgrade the catalog from Lightroom 5 to Classic using a trial version, then migrate from the temporary Classic catalog into CC.  (Quote from the 11/19/17 response from the LR Queen)  But is all this necessary if I want to go from LR 5 to my newly installed LRClassic and not to Lightrrom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To go from LR5 to Classic is just a straight upgrade. It'll ask permission to upgrade the catalog and you say yes. It's only going from older versions to the new cloudy CC version that requires the interim step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Victoria!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this is over 2yrs later but I have the same issue and I am really dreading migrating my LR5 to LR CC. In 2020 do I still need to migrate to LRClassic first and then to LR CC? Also, has LR CC added all of the features that were apparently missing when it first came out? I am working on two Macs one desktop older IOS and a brand new MacBook Pro. Any help with this would be appreciated!! Thank in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that. Would really like to know. Just purchased a one year license for LR/PS CC and was wondering how to get my old catalogue to the Cc version.

Please someone reply 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@johnm7090669  Read the 'Correct Answer'  it is still the answer if you want to transition from Lightroom versions 1-6 to the very different Cloud Version.

If you do NOT want to make the 'Cloud' versions your  prime App  then- Lightroom-CLASSIC (Photography Plan 20GB) is the currect upgrade (v11.1) to all previous versions 1-6 and Classic 7-10.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines