Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing raw to iPad Pro, uploading only smart preview

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I‘m trying to find a way to import raw files to iPad Pro without having to sync the full raw file with the cloud - I only want to sync the smart preview. That way I can edit my files conveniently on iPad Pro, save edits to the cloud, and quickly transfer the backup files from my SD card to my computer and sync with the edits (like what Classic does with mobile except in reverse).

The time it takes to upload the full raw files is way too long, especially when in remote areas, and it quickly uses up the 20gb storage (I did try the 1Tb storage plan, however the Creative Cloud sync was so painfully slow that I opted for Dropbox as a storage option instead).

If anyone has any ideas or workarounds I’d be very grateful.

iPad Pro 11” iOS 12.2

LR v. 4.2.1 442F0D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Partickmesa  wrote

Hi there

I‘m trying to find a way to import raw files to iPad Pro without having to sync the full raw file with the cloud - I only want to sync the smart preview.

Can't be done!

Partickmesa

Ideally, we could sync directly between the mobile device and our computer without going anywhere near the cloud. Unfortunately, that won't happen anytime soon, if ever (odds of it happening tends towards never).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Partickmesa  wrote

Hi there

I‘m trying to find a way to import raw files to iPad Pro without having to sync the full raw file with the cloud - I only want to sync the smart preview.

Can't be done!

Partickmesa

Ideally, we could sync directly between the mobile device and our computer without going anywhere near the cloud. Unfortunately, that won't happen anytime soon, if ever (odds of it happening tends towards never).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Ian. I suspected as much, but we dare to dream 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been searching for this option as well! Have you found any info or different answers? I'm trying to migrate away from the clunky Lightroom Classic (I've been using it for years and have no real compaints other than it's well clunky lol) I'm in the same boat as you and would love to import with my iPad Pro and even the Ligthroom CC app and not sync the full RAWs to the cloud. I actually have my destination folder set to a NAS drive in my house, so originals are stored there. To have just smart previews in the cloud is all I need. I have all my smart previews in the cloud currently and would love to keep it that way, exacly like you said what Classic does with mobile but in reverse. PLEASE ADOBE HEAR OUR CRY, haha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines