Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad pro 12.9 1tb with 800mb free cannot export to photos

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have 30k photos and use my iPad as main driver. I've selected 9k pictures to be exported to Apple Photos (native)

I tried the "export" no conversion and export to photos library (as is) no conversion.

all files are locally downloaded on my iPad.

it start... verifies... and show "saving" and then says 3 photos of 9k cannot be exported , but there is nothing on the photos app.

using the latest version of iPad OS and LR for iPad. I have 800MB free...

thank you.

PS: I've exported 1000 once using the same process and worked. I have 3 sets of 30k photos to

upload. I am just tying with 9k as a test.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

I would hesitate to use an iPad with Lightroom as a pro tool indeed. A lot of things like this just haven't really matured yet to the point of robustly being able to export 1000's of pictures. I am actually surprised your experiment with 1k images worked. If these 9k images are typical jpegs of a few MB each, you should have nor problem with space as it woill take about 36GB to store one set (so ~72 GB for all of them in duplicate). That said if those 9000 images are raw files from a recent came

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

It's probably worth feeding back on the following forum, which is monitored by the engineering team:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

You may get some information of what they have tested, although I doubt it. Either way, it's good to show the team that such workflows are required.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean 800mb or 800gb as per your other post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

800GB, sorry I was tired. I have 800GB free on my iPad;) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiow large are your images? It's possible you are running into storage limitations with that many. If you export to the photoroll using unmodified original, you need twice the space your images are going to take. Once for the downloaded original in Lightroom and once for the image in Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply. I don't think it's a storage issue. I have 800GB free on my iPad and 726 GB on cloud... 

I am starting to think that iPad is not a Pro thing... If I do basic 100 pictures works... 9k impossible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would hesitate to use an iPad with Lightroom as a pro tool indeed. A lot of things like this just haven't really matured yet to the point of robustly being able to export 1000's of pictures. I am actually surprised your experiment with 1k images worked. If these 9k images are typical jpegs of a few MB each, you should have nor problem with space as it woill take about 36GB to store one set (so ~72 GB for all of them in duplicate). That said if those 9000 images are raw files from a recent camera, they are easily 40MB each. Exporting 9000 of those will take 360GB and you might run into problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Thank you!.

I have 720GB free on my iPad, that's why I bought the 1TB version 🙂

I am very disappointed with the Lightroom iPad implementation TBH.

My IPad looks like a HUGE iPhone to Adobe...

I know that iPad OS Filesystem is a joke for real work... but I am using my iPad ONLY for LR.

If Adobe and Apple are trying to convince people to use iPad as a PRO TOOL they need to do a better effort.

I really appreciate your support and help. It's time to switch to other platform. I do know that not everybody does dumps of 9K pictures normally... but it's a trend of huge files for now on.

I am not repost of forward this comment to anyone at Adobe, I've already wrote about it with details and they can get an intern to fix it 🙂 

We are facing history now, I hope Adobe goes to the right side of innovation. I've already replaced my Photoshop for other product...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And let be honest here...

You can create "swap space" for huge jobs. The same way "FILES" doesn't work for too many files I think LR has the same issue...

Basics of coding... If you have a request that is bigger than your resources you create a SWAP space and create different indexes of execution to each request... if you don't have space for 40K files, you create small jobs of 5K files and execute it 4 times 😉

Well... who knows... Adobe is a huge company, for sure they have someone that can fix this, the question is... Why fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably worth feeding back on the following forum, which is monitored by the engineering team:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

You may get some information of what they have tested, although I doubt it. Either way, it's good to show the team that such workflows are required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I don't think they care... How many people do you know would do that? If you can use your iPad to edit your Instagram pictures and post it, works 😉

I was mistaken about iPad and LR, this is not a PRO tool... Just a 12.9 phone with 1TB of SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines