• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad sync stuck

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'd trying to download a set of 25k files locally, for editing on the train. I have space on my device, and the photos are already in the cloud. The sync, however, is stuck. From looking at other posts, do I need to delete LR and reinstall on the iPad?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you confirm your process for downloading all those files locally -- are you setting "Store Locally" on an album that has all the images you need?

That will indeed sync down Smart Previews from cloud storage that will take less space than the originals.  But 25,000 is a lot of images.  My rough guess is that may take 6 GB or more space on your device.  The actualy amount of device storage used for Storing Albums Locally is shown in LR app Settings > Local Storage > Locally stored copies.  

Tapping 'Clear Cache' on that same screen for Settings > Local storage will clear up any other files that are already synced but will leave your Stored Locally files.  You might try Clear Cache just to see if that helps smooth out something that's causing a hiccup with sync.

Have you tried simply force-quitting and relaunching the app?  I'm suggesting this before trying more aggressive steps.

If that doesn't help, I could see trying a re-install of the app as you mentioned.  You might also want to try signing into your account using the Lightroom web app at lightroom.adobe.com.  If certain files have issues are incompletely uploaded to cloud storage, these will show under a temporary album called "Sync Issues" on the LR web site.  Deleting files listed there has unblocked sync problems in the past -- before you delete anything, please make sure you have a safe backup of the affected files outside of Lightroom before proceeding.

Please let us know if any advice here did help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines