• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: iPhone, Lightroom Camera does not respond to the volume button after device comes out of sleep

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone 14 Pro Max, (also previous 12 Pro Max) latest IOS and Lightroom. Phone Volume Control, ProGrip or small remote trigger. First of all, I have finally narrowed this issue down to Lightroom Mobile.

ISSUE - Volume control direct or via Bluetooth does not operate the Lightroom camera shutter.
When using my iPhone as my camera (video and still) I mostly use the Lightroom Camera. However I have always had an issue when using the volume button and Bluetooth device to trigger the camera, but it felt weird as once it started working then it was fine, (always fine with any other app). I have finally been able to reliably replicate the issue.

SYMPTOMS.
When Lightroom and the camera is open and the phone goes into lock mode the volume control takes time, undefined but greater than 10 seconds, with multiple volume control presses when I bring the camera out of lock mode to start working.

This never happens when first opening the app and go to the camera.
Always happens when the phone goes into lock mode and then I bring it out with the Lightroom camera window still open.
This always happens when the phone goes into lock mode, after Lightroom is minimised then I bring it out of lock mode and maximise Lightroom with the camera window still open.
Never happens when I minimise Lightroom with the camera open and then Maximise it with the camera open.
Never happens when I open or maximise Lightroom and the camera is not open and I open it.

ANNOYING BUT REPEATABLE FIX
Simple but irritating as it is only an issue with Lightroom. As soon as I unlock the phone close and open the camera. Works every time.

ADDENDUM
I have just repeated the test and before opening and closing the camera i waited over 1 minute pressing or hold pressing the volume control repeatedly.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

updating thread status

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The October 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @SHP Photography 

Thank you for reporting this issue.  We were able to reproduce the issue, and have logged a bug for the developers to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updating thread status

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The October 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate