• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iphone photos are reduced when using moble app to sync to desktop

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the iphone app to import photos from phone into Lightroom CC.  I noticed that this reduces the file size of photos significantly.  In one example the native file on the phone is 4.06MB but Lightroom shows it as only 1.77MB.  Can someone explain why this is the case? screen shots showing original file properties vs properties after mobile app syncs in to my lightroom cloud

thanks!

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in other answers, but in your sceen-clips: One is JPG, the other is HEIC. I would not expect them to be the same.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, thanks for catching that.  The iphone takes in HEIC by default, it looks like windows 11 or the phone is maybe on the fly converting to JPEG because its in JPEG when i look at the file through file explorer.  I did not catch that.  This may be a non issue then.  I agree the file size would be different in that case.  Thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use the Lightroom mobile app to import, instead of tethering to Lightroom Desktop and importing via the desktop app, then you will always get your original files from the camera roll.  In other words, Lightroom Mobile will always import original images from your camera roll.

It sounds like you are importing into Lightroom desktop via USB connection to your device.  If so, this will obey your file format preference set in iOS Settings > Photos > Transfer to Mac or PC > Automatic (ie., Convert) vs Keep Originals.  If you prefer to import into Lightroom desktop, make this setting = Keep Originals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines