• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to stop uploading images to the Adobe Cloud and just use them locally on my iPad Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have plenty of storage on my home network and do not want to store my photographs on Adobe's cloud service. Is there a way to turn off uploading to the Adobe Cloud in Lightroom for the iPad and just use it on photographs stored locally on the iPad or my home network?

Thanks

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

No, there is not. Lightroom for iPad was designed to work with the cloud. It's not just storage. Some features, like subject recognition, work with Adobe Sensei artificial intelligence that runs on the Adobe cloud computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is not. Lightroom for iPad was designed to work with the cloud. It's not just storage. Some features, like subject recognition, work with Adobe Sensei artificial intelligence that runs on the Adobe cloud computers.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Classic on my workstation and laptop and work with photographs stored on my own NAS. It is only an issue when working with the iPad. Too bad they don't have classic on the iPad or make disconnecting from the Adobe cloud an option on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparantly Adobe will come out with camera raw for the iPad. This might enable you to edit directly from your NAS if your NAS has an app that presents the NAS files to the iPad in the share sheets. It should also be able to work on files locally stored in the files app contrary to Lightroom for mobile which always has to upload the images. This would be a workflow more akin to Adobe Bridge/camera raw on your computer. No clue if this will work this way but an intriguing possibility. Agreed that the reliance of Lightroom for mobile systems is a real limitation. I generally always import into Classic and just sync images from Classic to the cloud and they will get uploaded in smart preview format which is more than enough resolution to do rough edits on my iPad and doesn't take up any cloud space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines