• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this help genuine?

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: I was asking some questions earlier on this forum and got a 'private' response suggesting I email Adobecare@outlook.com

The response:

"Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Customer Care Team at Adobecare@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Team Adobe."

When I responded, the reply, in slightly broken English, asked for my Adobe login email AND my password.

Anyone on the forum met up with this?

Thanks

Donald

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like classic phishing. Adobe email will not come from an outlook.com domain. You should not take them up on their offer and report the private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definetely do not give them your login and password!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When I first replied I wasn't worried for I wasn't giving anything away. But the second email had me worried before I read it as the sender's address looked odd.

So thanks again. Of course I still haven't solved my Lightroom problems!

Donald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As was previously stated, no legitimate corporation is EVER going to be providing customer service or support using a web-based email service. Generally they will have an email address using a custom domain that contains their business name (i.e., adobe.com).

There may be rare exceptions (I have never seen any) however any email address that does not contain their corporate name in the domain name should be EASILY visible on their website. If it is not, DO NOT reply.

Also, do not provide deatails such as passwords, social security numbers, credit card information, etc. to ANYONE who is contacting you. Legitimate corporate agents will never ask for this type of information and any such request should be ignored and reported.

You were wise to be suspicious about this. I wuould finally suggest that if you did contact them in an online chat area you may want to run a virus/malware scan as a preventative measure to make sure they were not able to compromise your computer. This is extremely unlikely, however I tend to err on the side of caution...and even a bit of paranoia!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I think your information should be pinned on all forums! I'm pretty careful about checking urls and addresses but this one nearly got me - well until the request for password came along.

However, I still haven't sorted out my problems although I'm now in contact with genuine Adobe help. With luck they can tell me how to buy into Classic and get some control over the 20Gb of random images put into cloud storage. It's bizarre.

Ever hopeful.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Adobe employees, and accredited ACP/MVPs are all badged (see avatar image below). Potential fraudsters will often have a fake picture and try to include the word Adobe in their screen name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recieved a similar PM email after I posted a query on an Adobe site. They then asked for details that I did not think sounded like Adobe.

regards - Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening.  I got the same PM reply yesterday and thought that no legit support organizatoin would use free email accounts - futhermore I'm not aware that Adobe supports poor Elements users at all... 

I forwarded the PM email to abuse@adobe.com and phishing@adobe.com.

Hopefully Adobe can reign in this abuse as it seems be continuing over a long period of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm not aware that Adobe supports poor Elements users at all..."

There is a specific Forum for Ps-Elements users where other users and Community Experts can provide answers to your questions.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/ct-p/ct-photoshop-elements

I also see the occasional Ps-Elements question in the "Photoshop" forum-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the issue that I referenced occurred in that forum - so I am active there.

It seems to me that this is end users providing best effort support for other end users. 

I don't call that "Adobe support"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines