• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest release of Lightroom (both classic & CC) crashes at startup

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom just got its June 2020 updates on Windows 10 and it crashes on startup. 

I have renamed SLCache and SLStore, ehceked the language in the registry, run it as my ordinary user and as Administrator. But it crashes. Every.Single. Time.

I have sent off most of the crash reports (support should have a nice little stack of them now). 

Help! This is blocking me.,

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

I eventually got support to help. It turns out that the problem is the NVIDIA driver. I updated the driver and it still crashes. The only way to use Lightroom now is to disable the graphics card in Windows Devices. I've raised an error report with NVIDIA so hopefully a fix will come along at some point. At least now I can use LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crashes on Win 7 Pro as well- and yes, there is no more updates or support for all us Win 7 users from Microsoft.
I upgraded from v9.2.1 to the suggested v9.3, and had no loading at all.
The screen will report a vc140_1 .dll error saying it's not there.
vc 140 is a  part of C Visual runtime ,and my  Windows system shows the .dll is in fact in C/Windows/syswow where it should be.
I uninstalled,rebooted, re-installed, and did the same with the Creative Cloud installer to make sure there were no errors to no avail.

Support wasn't helpful other than finding a stand alone installer for the C+ Visual,but as I noted the .dll  was there anyway.
 I was advised to wait 'til the next update,but I doubt I can skip over v.9.3 to the next update>That's not how things work.
So, I'm back at v9.2.1 which runs fine.
We need a bug fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed LRCC on another laptop, copied across the catalog, and mounted the original PC's drive so that I now have access to the photos - there isn't enough room to copy my photos across but for now at least I can process my pics, albeit at a much slower pace,

I uninstalled all Adobe apps from the crashing machine and reinstalled, but that didn't help - still crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved - on my Win 7 Pro OS system anyway.
It toook quite a while to get up the support chain,but an engineer found and fixed the problem via remote connection.
There should be a file of vc140_1 .dll  within the LR application  .dll folder itself. Mine did not have one.

I'm happy with the support I received ,just not how long it took to get my request to someone who could actually work on the application archetecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but it didn't work. I also tried vcruntime140.dll but that failed too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess nobody from Adobe looks at these posts, that their customers have to come together and find solutions to crashes. I'm now looking at alternatives since LR is obviously unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually got support to help. It turns out that the problem is the NVIDIA driver. I updated the driver and it still crashes. The only way to use Lightroom now is to disable the graphics card in Windows Devices. I've raised an error report with NVIDIA so hopefully a fix will come along at some point. At least now I can use LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is trash.  Im going back to affinity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bpmurray , that's good news,sort of. Glad you have functionality .
Despite our different Windows version , you are on to something. I never have been able to run LR Classic with me Nvidia graphics card enabled; regardless of updates from NVidia for  my GT 635 card.
Would be a perfect world if NVidia could play nice for graphics that aren't gaming.
FWIW, I  have an Intel I7 processor with 24 gigs of ram, so muscle isn't an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - Win10, both versions of LR and even tried an earlier release.  No issues with GPU and NVidia drivers with any other applications so not happy to switch versions. Hopefull Adobe can get together with NVidia to get this resolved.  I might take this opportunity to see how Capture One works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a problem for those using Windows Insider releases but it was just fixed and is now running fine. I suspect it's been fixed with any of the latest updated versions of Windoiws 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines