• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.2 Empty Albums

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom 5.2 on my iPad Pro, MBP, and an iMac. 

I transferred all my data from an old iPad Pro to a brand new one last night. Upon completion of the transfer I opened Lightroom, all my albums were populated with images, but as I sat  there I was watching the count on each album go to zero. Out of 41 albums only seven now have images in them. My total photo count was at around 6500, and is now showing 544.

I then opened my MBP, and launched Lightroom, only to see the same thing, images present and correct, then rapidly dissappearing to zero.

This morning at work, I do the same thing with my iMac, images are present, then completely dissappear.

All the original images are present on my external SSD drive, but it would take hours and hours to recreate the albums.

Does anyone have any idea why this has happened, and more importantly is there anyway of restoring my albums?

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Hi Rick

Thanks for coming back to me. The cloud version is the same as I have on my devices, most of the images are missing.

I've just checked the folders in Lightroom Classic, and I see that the sync for each was switched off. I've reselected sync, and the cloud version is updating, but nothing yet on Lightroom.....

Not sure how the sync was turned off, I'm fairly certain I didn't do it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check at https://lightroom.adobe.com and verify the assets and albums in the cloud there.  That is the state your new Ipad should arrive at when syncing is complete. Is the information in the cloud accurate? Is sync complete?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Thanks for coming back to me. The cloud version is the same as I have on my devices, most of the images are missing.

I've just checked the folders in Lightroom Classic, and I see that the sync for each was switched off. I've reselected sync, and the cloud version is updating, but nothing yet on Lightroom.....

Not sure how the sync was turned off, I'm fairly certain I didn't do it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of ways for sync to be turned off.

1.  You do it 
  2.  You sync a different LrC catalog to your cloud account. 

I would recommend waiting until Lightroom Classic is done syncing then verify the cloud is correct.

If your devices are not syncing by then, check for paused syncs on each and double check that the same Adobe ID is in use on each.  It is the most common fix when this type of thing is reported as many people have more than one registered Adobe ID and don't realize they are signed in to the wrong ID. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines