• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.2 Startup is slow

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LR 5.2 on a Mac running the latest updates.  64GB of Memory, and about 150k in image count. 

The issue is that it takes about 10-15 minutes for images to load to the point that albums and image counts are updated and editing can begin.   Once I am loaded up, edit speed it great. 

The issue seems to be an issue with Syncing of images... the application churns through the sync process so slowly, even when there has been no additonal images added to be synced.  

Thanks for any help. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the speedy response.

My image library is mostly Canon Raw files, but there are a fair amount of JPG’s in there as well.   As for other apps, I try to not run anything more than I have to, so typically it might be a browser window or mail.  

The local files are stored on an 8TB Thunderbolt drive, dedicated to LR.  Nothing else uses that drive.  

The MAC is a 2019 27: iMac, with 64GB of RAM, 3.6GHz 8 Core Intel i9 Processor.  There is a 2TB Fusion Drive in this Mac.  

I cant put a  finger on when the slowdown started, but it is painful to watch as it slowly builds the list of albums, all showing zero images, and then one by one each album will display the appropriate number of images in each.  

Thanks for your help

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. 

Could you please confirm if you recently added a large number of images into Lightroom? What kind of files are you working with JPEG or RAW photos and videos? Is the external drive connected via WiFi, or are you using a connector cable to pair?

Please log on to Lightroom.adobe.com to check if there are any current sync issues? Please do not remove or clear the sync issues related to the currently pending sync images. They will go away once the sync is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I havent done anything significant with new images in some time.  As for the images, they are nearly all Canon Raw files.

The External drive is connected via Thunderbolt connection. 

As for the sync status, everything on lightroom.adobe.com reports as synced, and nothing pending.  The issue is that the desktop version seems to have to validate or otherwise takes nearly 15 minutes to load up the library and show the albums and their contents.  The app perpetually says that it is syncing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines