Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHTROOM 5 WHY IS THERE AN E?

Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I have duplicates.  One image has just the image number and one has and E in front of the same image and image number.  Which image do I delete? I am using macOS Mojave 10.14.6 importing images from my iPad.  These images were edited on the iPad.  My Lightroom version is Adobe Photoshop 5.7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Not sure if I understand correctly, could you please elaborate and provide some more details about the issue? A screenshot will be helpful for us to better diagnose the problem.

Also, which exact version of Lightroom 5 and the operating system you're working with? In Lightroom 5, you can check that by going to Help > System Info. Like Lightroom 5.7.1 on Mac OS 10.14.3

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I think WobertC answered part of the question but not the whole one.  The E means they have been Edited on my iPad prior to my importing them to Lightroom.  That is what I understand.  Now I would like to delete the duplicates.  Should I delete the iPad edited ones and start editing my imports all over again?  I am not  a professional...but I have 2978 images imported from trips between 2014 and 2020.  I used my iPad as a camera some of the time so I could share said photos easily.   I do have more images taken with better cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these iPhone photos?

Do you edit your photos on the iPhone?

Can you see any differences in the "same" files?

Another forum thread with 'e' files-

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4237594

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should I delete the iPad edited ones and start editing my imports all over again?

Really only a question only you can answer, but my thoughts-

You are using Lightroom v5.7 (Standalone) on a Mac, correct. (Not the Apple "Mobile v5" app)

I would (Import) keep in catalog all the photos, then over time, mark unwanted photos as 'Rejected' for deletion.

Because only you can decide if you want to keep the 'edited' or 'unedited' version.

There are Plugins available that can find 'duplicates' that would make the 'deletion' task easier.

DUPLICATE FINDER Teekesselchen: Home

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines