Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc needs to do "house keeping"

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had an update for my Lightroom CC, started the update and it says "Lightroom needs to do some housekeeping". The download bar hasn't moved past 2% for 2 days. So I uninstalled Lightroom and re-installed, this didn't help as I had the same issue. So un-installed my creative cloud and re-installed, this still hasnt helped as I'm still having the same issue. Ive cleared all of my creative cloud storage and this also hasnt made a difference. I then contacted adobe in the live chat and got told they would transfer me to the right department, they then closed the chat after waiting 45mins for someone to connect then rang up 2nd time around and spoke to someone from India and they then hung up on me as he couldn't help. A week later my Lightroom cc still isn't working! Can anyone give me any solutions/ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

before you had this problem were all your images uploaded to the cloud? Check https://lightroom.adobe.com to see if they are all there (the lightroom.adobe.com website is a nice backup option if your program doesn't work). If you are sure everything was synced to the cloud, the trick is likely to delete the local copy of the CC library on your computer's hard disk and letting Lightroom CC download a fresh one. Where this library is depends on your operating system. On Macs it is in the Pictures

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before you had this problem were all your images uploaded to the cloud? Check https://lightroom.adobe.com to see if they are all there (the lightroom.adobe.com website is a nice backup option if your program doesn't work). If you are sure everything was synced to the cloud, the trick is likely to delete the local copy of the CC library on your computer's hard disk and letting Lightroom CC download a fresh one. Where this library is depends on your operating system. On Macs it is in the Pictures folder of your home folder and is called Lightroom Library.lrlibrary Just drag this in the trash (after making a backup copy of it somewhere first) and start Lightroom CC and it should recreate it and download what it needs from the cloud.

Cleaning out the creative cloud storage has no effect as the Lightroom CC data is stored in a hidden inaccessible part of the creative cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok local files cloud deleted(cleared) I dont use the cloud very much. Cloud does not have any synced files or local files...same issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines