Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC: Only view raws or jpgs

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community!

I am in the new Lightroom CC and imported all my files.  For some of the Albums, I had JPGs and RAW files coming in. I am looking for a selection in the view to only have JPGs or RAWs in the view, so that I can review and delete. I am missing a filter to do that selection.  Is this real?  This seems to be so basic.

Thanks for an answer!

Joerg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

I just answered the "how to import raw only" question here: Possible to import RAW only in new desktop Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can type .jpg in the search field at the top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks! That was a good hint... Unfortunately that takes forever... but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much ! This makes the process much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea it feels like a file type filter is essential if you want folks to move from Classic to new CC.

Also I can't for the life of me figure how to import RAW only since I shoot RAW + JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just answered the "how to import raw only" question here: Possible to import RAW only in new desktop Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so incredibly basic!! But, so is viewing two images at a time, you can't do that either! OMG, I cannot believe there is no way to see two images side by side! How is that missing????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually possible. Before you import the images, on the menu bar click Edit > Preferences > General tab > check "Treat JPEG files next to RAW files as separate phots."

Then Lightroom Classic will select both of the images if you click on either JPG or RAW. Then you can click compare (Y) to see side by side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines