• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC: Syncing stuck forever

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All-new lightroom CC seems to get stuck syncing the catalgue to the cloud. There is a long thread here with dozens of users with the same problem.

Lightroom CC: Syncing stuck forever | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Anyone who can help here?

BR

Markus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

you can find a fix for the problem here: Lightroom CC: Syncing stuck forever | Photoshop Family Customer Community

1. In the My Photos area in the left pane, select the All Photos album.
  2. Switch to the Square Grid view (), which displays photos as equal-sized thumbnails along with their flag status, sync status, and rating.
  3. While holding down the Alt key (Win) or Option key (Mac), click the cloud icon (). Lightroom CC now displays only those photos that it's trying to sync.
  4. Press Ctrl+A (Win) or Comman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Did you every get a resolution to this problem? I have the same issue, but with 9 photos not syncing and no way to find out which nine is the problem. Alt+Cloud Icon on a PC must be an old solution because it results in the normal drop down.  Also when filtering only "Syncing", I get the "Oh no! A black hole. No photos matching these filters were found."  This "9 photos syncing issue" has been going on about 2 weeks now.  When I add new photos, they appear to sync okay to the cloud, but the othe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom CC since day 1. All initial issues were fixed on 1.1.

As of earlier this summer, I had 12 photos that won't sync, according to the icon at top right corner. This has slowly crept up to 84.

However, if I select 'All photos' and then filter to Sync status of 'syncing' - no photos are shown. So I can't try the usual solution or changing the rating or flags on the stuck photos.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hold Option (Mac) and click on the Cloud Icon in the top right corner, nothing changes in the grid view -- I still see all photos in standardized thumbnail.  What am I doing wrong? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you suggestion.  I followed your steps you provided.  It still is stuck on the same number 35 after I followed the steps.  So I deleted the 35 photos I added and zero photos in "sync status" but the cloud icos still shows 35 photos trying to sync.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe Support, and he determined it was a corrupt local catalog.  He had me drag the corrupt catalog out of the lib module to the desktop.  Then shutdown Lr CC and reopen.  The a new local catalog was automatically created and the catalog from my lightroom.adobe.com catalog was replicated down to the local level.  Then the photos were resync'ed in the local catalog and everything was then fine.  Adobe support did a great job.  I asked him how he knew the local catalog was corrupt.  He said he had tools he could run to check the integrity of the catalog.  I think that since I sync 3 different devices, that are not on network every day that somehow my catalog got corrupted.  Since deleting the local copy of the catalog is easy to do and the automatic recreation of it and the resync of my 20,000 photos took about 10 minutes it might be a logical and sensible procedure to try it you are having this problem.  However because you want to make sure of what you are doing I would call adobe support and have them step you thru it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. 6 photos keep syncing. On the desktop version. Web and mobile are OK. Reinstall did not help. I find a 'black hole' when I try to find 'syncing' files. It seems that only Adobe can fix this but I have no idea how to contact the helpdesk!? Can someone direct me to an email adress, phone number or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a chat with Adobe and they helped me out. They took over my computer and renamed my catalog in the file system. After restarting lightroom the database was rebuilt and the permanent syncing of the 6 photos was gone. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and tracked it down to a photo in the deleted photos folder.  I permanently deleted the trash and the sync issue immediately went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was 100% my issue.  THANK YOU!

Definitely a bug in LR.  Adobe pleaese fix this ASAP. If you delete photos before they sync it can block syncing for all photos completely.  You have to ensure that you either let all photos sync before you delete or delete photos and then permanently delete them from the trash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! This is the fix, not what is listed in the thread as the "solved" reason.

FINALLY!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the cloud-based LR CC and had this same problem (stuck syncing) for about a week. No other remedy worked until I saw the post above and deleted all the photos in my Trash folder. The problem disappeared immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on your name in left corner and see Sync Paused in drop down menu, click resume. I had this issue for years and stumbled at this solution by chance. I do not now if it was avalable in prior version to version 9.2.1 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't help at all. Step 3 didn't do anything...not step 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible Solution!!!!

This worked for me:

Go to your "Deleted" folder under "All Photos, Recently Added, etc"

Select all (ctrl+a on Win) and [right click] "Delete Permanently"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn´t solve my sync problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case the problem was OneDrive. I stopped it and the syncing continued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This several years old "correct answer" is still causing confusion. First, Alt (Option) plus clicking on the cloud icon in Lightroom cc does *not* display photos that have not been synced. Even if it does for some people, you are telling me to *delete* these photos??!   And then "add them again to Lightroom cc". Pray tell, how to add them again if they were taken by the Lightroom CC camera in the first place and you've just deleted them.  This answer should be ignored, as one can see by the dozens, perhaps hundreds of comments of people who later continue to have this problem.  Adobe, for heaven sake, fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for weighing in here @mitchellm97. It is pretty telling that, despite the very many posts from loyal customers, the silence from Adobe is deafening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This DOES NOT fix this issue. Adobe, you are charging me, and many, many other people who are reporting the same syncing issues. What are you doing to sort the fact we are all paying for a software package that is fatally flawed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't solved it. I deleted the shots and it's still syncing. This is ridiculous. Does Adobe have a fix for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe this problem is still happening for people for over 3 years. Adobe should be ashamed of themselves to offer a cloud service that does not sync properly. Absolutely unacceptable and will be switching out of the Adobe ecosystem. Enough is enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone that wants to try recreating the Catalog, here is how I did it on my Mac. Note, I had already deleted all files in the deleted folder withing Lr on both the desktop, and the web interface, and it was still syncing one file.

First I closed/stopped Lr.

Then I browsed to /Users/myname/Pictures and there is a file called Lightroom Library.lrlibrary. I bring up the local pop up menu and select Show Package Contents.

Then there is a folder with a name with a lot of numbers, so I select it. I then see a bunch of files called Managed Catalog.*, where * means many names.

I created a folder on the desktop and dragged all these files into it. Note, I did not delete!

Then I restarted Lr and it create a new catalog in 5-10 minutes.

After I was convinced everything was ok, I deleted the desktop folder, but do not empty trash, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo,

Dat loopt bij mij ook altijd vast en heel dat programma loopt vast?

Krijg het zelfs niet meer gesloten ?

Heb de app zelfs verwijderd maar blijft er opstaan? 

krijg ook geen foto's niet meer toevoegen? 

niks werkt 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines