• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC unable to access full size original photos for export

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting edited .ORF files from Lightroom CC on my Mac, about half of the photos return the following error message and only export as really small, low quality JPEGs: "Some images could not be exported at the size you requested because we couldn't access the full size original.”

All original files are on my Mac AND Lightroom CC is fully synced to the cloud, so I really don’t understand why it’s not able to access the full-sized originals. How do I fix this?? Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

All Full Res Originals are stored in the Cloud (apart from Collections synced from Classic).

Dependant on the Cache size in Preferences, Lightroom CC manages the percentage of Full Res Photos that are stored in its local library depending on when imported, viewed, edited & exported etc. (for instance over time photos that haven’t been accessed for a while will be replaced locally by newer ones that have).

Any Albums that you opt to Store Locally will be on your hard disk as well. Although these lo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

I Have similar issue. I have Lr Classic on my desktop and Lr CC on my work laptop. I started editing on desktop and finished more than 70% of the collection in CC (over 1000 photos). I was thinking, that edits will sync with Lr Classic and I will export them ín full resolution. Somehow, some edits were synced, but most not, even after it says that all is synced.

Now I can only export in low res from CC or re-develop over 500 photos, which I trully don't want.

Any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were these photos originally synced from Lightroom Classic as only lower res Smart Previews are synced from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have never used anything other than Lightroom CC, all the photos were added directly to that library. It says it is fully synced, but I’m hopeful that this isn’t a syncing issue at all— I need to be able to edit when I don’t have wifi access, hence why I also backed up all the photos to my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you download them okay from Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just downloaded the JPEG online with no issue, it was 4.1MB. This same photo was 2.1MB when it saved to my desktop yesterday (with errors), but interestingly I am now connected to the internet and I was able to save this photo with no errors (it saved as 8.8MB). I have no idea what on earth is going on, but it seems like it won't let me export the images to my desktop unless I am connected to wifi. This is not very useful for when I'm trying to edit at the airport/on the go! Surely there's a work-around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still getting this error even when connected to the internet at times...lots of times.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, also when you don’t have WiFi, you would need to either Store an Album Locally or Store Originals Locally in Preference (if you have enough space or an external hd).

This has to be done whilst you are still connected to WiFi though, previous to you having no connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to Store Locally definitely sounds promising, I've just tried that now and I will see what happens if I go offline. To clarify, all photos will now be stored on my hard disk AND on the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Full Res Originals are stored in the Cloud (apart from Collections synced from Classic).

Dependant on the Cache size in Preferences, Lightroom CC manages the percentage of Full Res Photos that are stored in its local library depending on when imported, viewed, edited & exported etc. (for instance over time photos that haven’t been accessed for a while will be replaced locally by newer ones that have).

Any Albums that you opt to Store Locally will be on your hard disk as well. Although these local photos are not meant to be accessed directly through the computer’s file system. Lightroom manages them within its Library.

This means you can edit and export without internet connection, although you need to have space on your hard disk if you intend to  store a substantial number. Likewise, if you opt to Store All Originals Locally in Preferences, as this will use up at much space locally as you have used in the Cloud, so an external hd is probably best for most.

(There is an option to Store all Smart Previews locally so you can accomplish many edits without WiFi, although I believe some edits and exporting would require access to the Full Res)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to experiment with CC. Im having the same issue. All my collections were synced from Classic, but I can't access full res. I checked preferences and it confirms local storage is my connected RAID drive, but when I click info it says smart preview only for local. How do I connect it to my hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the help, but My wifi is fine and even if my pictured are synchronised on the cloud, I still can not start from my local/harddirve storage to access the full res pic ? Or is there a way to locally synchronise the one I want to export ? Becaus I'm stuck to 4MB for a RAF that does 60Mb..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those experiencing this error even after storing the album locally...

Look to see where the album originated.  I had this same problem, then after fussing around with it for a while, I realized the album was sync'd from Lightroom Classic.  I never told Lightroom Classic to sync the original - only the smart preview - so even after telling Lightrom (Cloud version) to store the album locally, it cannot access the original.

I'm currently traveling, and I'll need to go back to my master catalog at home to get access to the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Have similar issue. I have Lr Classic on my desktop and Lr CC on my work laptop. I started editing on desktop and finished more than 70% of the collection in CC (over 1000 photos). I was thinking, that edits will sync with Lr Classic and I will export them ín full resolution. Somehow, some edits were synced, but most not, even after it says that all is synced.

Now I can only export in low res from CC or re-develop over 500 photos, which I trully don't want.

Any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines