• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom (cloud-based) running slow since update to 5.5 in macOS

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to 5.5, Lightroom cloud-based is running very slow. I am consistently seeing the spinning beach ball... even when simply trying to navigate from photo to photo. Currently using Lightoom on a 14" MacBook Pro M1Pro w/ 16gb. 

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for highlighting this.

To confirm, it started after the recent update, correct? Did you try re-installing the application? 

You can try resetting Lightroom's preferences using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e.

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

If you still see the issue, please share a diagnostic log with us.

For Lightroom Desktop Diagnostic Log

• Go to Preferences
  • Account Section
  • Hold the [Opt/Alt] key to make the [Diagnostic Log] button appear. Please send it to us.

Will be waiting to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is the log. Running Lightroom with all originals downloaded to the internal SSD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Updated to Lr 5.5 on an M1 MacBook Pro - freezes a lot showing beach ball when navigating between the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the logs. Where are the images located? Internal or External drive? Can you confirm if you have already tried cleaning your preferences mentioned above? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.
All on the internal drive. M1 Max MacBook Pro,  native SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... also, if this helps:

• The issue seems to be triggered by the very fact of opening the Presets panel. It starts if I simply open and close the Presets panel without previewing or applying anything.
  • After that Lr becomes super slow and laggy until I restart the app.
  • The previous Lr build (likely 5.4) was running smoothly with no issues.
  • Exact same collection of presets and profiles installed in my LrC and ACR works just fine, both LrC and ACR are running smoothly.
  • No new presets, profiles or images have been imported in Lr since 5.4, which makes me believe it was the upgrade to 5.5 that introduced the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just wanted to thank you again for your quick response and for looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. The issue is definitely tied to the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many presets and groups do you have?
It would be great if we could see what you’re seeing. Please post a screen recording of what’s happening, and we will help sort it out. Here are instructions for making a screen recording - 
https://bit.ly/3Fkf5Vd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the follow up. There is a screen recording attached to my initial post that shows exactly what is happening. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here--LR has become painfully slow since the 5.5 release. 

• Opening LR (library of ~37,000 images) takes 5-10x longer than previous versions for the folder/album list to become visible and lightroom usable about 1 in every 3 openings of the appliction
  • Imports of images take ~5x longer than previously, with all other variables remaining the same
  • Moving between images and setting flags is very laggy, at times it apperas that the previous image's flag is carrying over into the next image
  • Lightroom on the web is more usable for my initial image 'triage' than the full Mac app is right now.

My workflow is very basic (almost no presets, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A quick update on this--I tried a couple of options--expanding the SSD disk cache size, and clearing the cache.  Neither improved things any (after clearing cache, when I closed and reopened Lightroom, my folders didn't appear after 10+ minutes of sitting).

I finally threw in the towel, uninstalled version 5.5 and rolled back to 5.4.   5.4 is working as expected--folders and photos immediately appear on opening the application, to spinning circle, etc.  

In my case this is either purely an issue with Lightroom 5.5, or an interaction issue between LR 5.5 and OSX 12.6 on the M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines