• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom | Core menu tabs and modules not showing

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I'm a newbie so apologies if this is a stupid question. 

My Lightroom interface / workspace seems to be missing a whole bunch of core features.  Screen shot below: 

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 12.41.09 pm.png

For example:

1. I don't have a module picker? 

2.  My core menu in the top left bar is:    File > Edit > Photo > View > Window > Edit.  

I understand it should be:        File > Edit > Library > Photo > Metadata > Window > Edit.   

2.  My core panels for dealing with source photos does not seem aligned withn most training videos I've watched.  Ie.  I don't have a "navigator". 

Any ideas what is going on?  My account is up to date so I don't think its a payment issue. It means that every time I try to start learning my software is not aligned to the training manuals / videos which is hugely frustrating.  I've looked online but cant easily find content to troubleshoot this.  

Any help hugely appreciated!

Best,

Lucy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

You have downloaded and installed the "wrong" version if you wanted to use the "traditional" Lightroom with modules, etc. 

There are two current versions of "Lightroom", one is called Lightroom Classic and that in the latest iteration of the "traditional" Lightroom that you were perhaps expecting.

The other version, that you have installed, is simply called "Lightroom" and is the version that stores all images in the Adobe cloud, and doesn't have all the same features as Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have downloaded and installed the "wrong" version if you wanted to use the "traditional" Lightroom with modules, etc. 

There are two current versions of "Lightroom", one is called Lightroom Classic and that in the latest iteration of the "traditional" Lightroom that you were perhaps expecting.

The other version, that you have installed, is simply called "Lightroom" and is the version that stores all images in the Adobe cloud, and doesn't have all the same features as Lightroom Classic.

Depending on which subscription plan you purchased, you may already have Classic as part of the plan. This blog post might help you figure out what you want to do: Lightroom cloud ecosystem vs. Lightroom Classic - which do I need? | The Lightroom Queen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim, that is exactly the issue 🙂    

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and provide that link, I am now on my way again! I do indeed have Classic as part of my plan I just didn't realise they were different applications.

Best,

Lucy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask a question? I had this same problem. Do I need to use the classic version? Is it going away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it going away?

Is what "going away"? Both apps are current, and both apps continue to be developed, so there are no indications at this time if either of them are "going away".

In terms of "needing" to use one or the other, that is something only you can determine. Whilst both apps are conceptually the same (and using the same Camera Raw processing engine will largely produce the same results when editing), there are significant differences in approach which each user needs to assess for themselves to figure out which suits their requirements best.

Check out the link I provided earlier in this thread for a comparison between the two apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines