• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom desktop : search within the shared albums for photos by keywords

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my pb: I shared several albums with my colleague who has free access to adobe creative cloud. He doesn't seem to be able to search for photos by keywords in the albums I shared with him. Is this feature not present on free accounts. Thanks for your feedback 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi there, 

Lightroom shared albums do not have the option to search by keywords.

It would really help if you can share your feedback on this discussion: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add-search-option-for-shared-albums

As this forum is monitored by our engineers and they will review it for future product development.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Lightroom shared albums do not have the option to search by keywords.

It would really help if you can share your feedback on this discussion: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add-search-option-for-shared-albums

As this forum is monitored by our engineers and they will review it for future product development.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a strategy by Adobe. If you need to really cooperate and share with your team or clients you need to invest in a costly DAM solution by Adobe or another company.

No other solution, even an enterprise licence, let you look for shared assets by keywords, which makes lightroom useless for a real Teamwork.

Not being able to filter any image library by metatags renders it useless.

I am pretty sure this feature will never be implemented in the Adobe CC package. You need to look for alternative or pay.

I'd like to be proven wrong!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. the main reason i was looking at Lightroom cc (or what ever it's called now) was to share a large ( (effectively my whole library)  which wont work well unless the people i share with can easily search on person, date, tags, location etc.   Any suggestions for an alternative to Adobe woudl be really appreciated to help me do this. 

I can also see how professionally this would be a very important feature for teams working on images together. 

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anybody sharing large lightroom Library? and how do you go searching these shared libraries?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I've been hoping they'd implement this, for years. We're currently looking at other alternatives which now means we'll be getting rid of several Adobe licenses. Having multiple people be album administrators (with search and tag functions) would have changed the game. It's a real bummer but on to other things, I suppose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has never made any coment on this.!

Question:
Anybody can search Adobe Stock (a huge commercial photo album in a way) with keywords,

why can't anybody search shared lighroom albums with keywords. (The exisiting function is simply disabled by Adobe)

I first Posted in 2020 but the developer at Adobe keep their head burried in the sand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my frustration to the discussion.  Searching and viewing the keywords is a MUST for those who would share my files and albums.  It is pretty useless without that - AND it is function that is in the web version for the owner, so it shouldn't be that hard to add.  I may find another system due to this problem alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've since switched to another program and got rid of about 10 Adobe licenses simply because of the lack of searchability. We tried to make it work for two years but decided to cut our losses and go with something else. I'm reluctant to say the name of the program because I like them and would be worried they would be labeled as competition. What I will say is to look into Digital Asset Management software. It's a bigger cost than a single Adobe CC subscription but I can add a TON of users with different levels of folder privilege, searchability, tags, and far more than just pictures, all for one subscription fee which ended us saving us a lot of money in those unneeded Adobe licenses. 

Solutions are out there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good for you!

We are olso evaluating other DAM solutions for this problem. (Imatch - For windows, Bynder, Frontify...)

Has Adobe ever shown any interest in these Community Support Boards? They distribute badges and new Statuses but don't do anything about the problems mentioned in our questions?

No feedbacks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've used LRC and LR since inception. If I am sharing a large group of keyworded photos so others can search by keyword I use Zenfolio. All of my photos Keyworded by Lightroom can be read and searched on Zenfolio. It works great. Wish Adobe would add that feature but not holding my breath... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines