• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom eating up all memory

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting Lightroom on a brand new M1 Mac, doing nothing, after 3 Minutes this alert pops up. Re-installed it, same.Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-08 um 18.17.01.png

Any help? THX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom Desktop is using an unexpectedly high amount of memory and freezes after a few minutes.

Would you mind sharing the exact version of Lightroom Desktop you are using and what is the version of macOS?

Would you mind restoring Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_def...

If that does not help,  try deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch the app and let us know if it helps?

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Akash!

Ist Mac OS 11 BigSur latest. Version of Lightroom (NOT Classic) ist the latest Version.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up:

I deleted every bit of Adobe from this computer, installed everything fresh: Same problem.

Deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" does not work either: I am not ablle to open Preferences.

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the issue still persists. 

Does it help if you pause syncing in Lightroom from the top left panel in Lightroom? 

Also, how much free disk space do you have on your computer?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening!

Pause syncing does nothing, problem still there.

Free Space >800GB

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellllloooooo....?

Anybody home? I still cannot use Lightroom on my M1 MacBook Air.

Or should I cancel my subcription and move to Capture One?

Getting a LITTLE angry...

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem when exporting DNGs, Lightroom literally uses up all my application space until it crashes out. The amount of images it exports before this varies everytime but it is extemely annoying. I contacted support and we were on with them for HOURS today and he just kept trying the same thing over and over with no sucess. I'm BEGGING you to fix this.

Sincerly, 

A very stressed wedding photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a bug to me. I don't have an M1 and have never seen it do this but that doesn't help you much. I would urge you to look at https://feedback.photoshop.com and post the problem there if you can't find others with the same problem. On that forum there are actual Adobe engineers. This forum is just other users and a few reps but no actual engineers that can fix anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched Computers, got a new MBAir, installed LR fresh: Same f********g problem. What can I do to word with LR (not Classic)?

Adobe: Someone listening?

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, every time you try to export something it crashes and I have 32GB of RAM and nothing else running on the computer. Lightroom has become bloated and frustrating to use. I am just going to go back to Photoshop and process everything that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines