• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Export doesn't work -- doesn't do anything at all

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new PC and installed CC and Lightroom, imported some new NEFs and edited them. The "export" menu option is available when I select one or more images but clicking it does nothing. No error, nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling LR, starting with alt-shift and clearing preferences, running as administrator, and moving the files around to different hard disks before importing. I'd be very grateful for any help! 

Here's my system info:

Lightroom version: 3.4 X64 [ 20200804-0825-1542eef ] (Aug 4 2020)
NGL Version: 1.17.0.35
WF Version: 2.4 developer
Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: 10.0 [18363]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X570 AORUS PRO WIFI / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.5 GHz
Built-in memory: 32712.4 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32712.4 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1381.1 MB (4.2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 4139.2 MB
Memory cache size: 740.5 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.4 [ 556 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 9
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 480MB / 16356MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: 481MB / 32712MB (1%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 2560x1440, 2) 1200x1920
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (27.21.14.5206) - 6 GB
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU3, hard: success, soft: success, wl: Yes, bl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application Folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: C:\Users\natel\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC
Library Folder: C:\Users\natel\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should see something like this in the right-hand column. Do you not see this?

Screenshot 2020-09-13 150114.jpg

Please clarify the exact version number of Lightroom that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, thanks for the quick response. I'm running the latest 3.4 build that the auto-update gives: 3.4 X64 [ 20200804-0825-1542eef ] (Aug 4 2020)

No, I don't see any change at all in the UI whether I click "export" from the File menu, the right-click context menu, or hit ctrl-shift-E. Nothing at all happens, no export pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked over your initial message again. You indicated moving your images to different hard drives before importing them. Have you successfully imported? And, are the images that you are trying to export images that have been successfully imported? I know, this might seem like a silly question. But I just want to clarify that we are on the same page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, successfully imported. The "export" command is there, not greyed-out, just doesn't do anything. Here's a screenshot... clicking "export" in that dialog box does nothing. It used to on my old PC last month... so since then the new factors are new hardware and a new installation, which came with a new version of LR. I also just tried installing the previous version of LR (3.3) though and I see the same behavior.

Nate0101_0-1600035953166.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je rencontre le même problème avec mon Lr CC depuis quelques jours. Avez vous trouvé une solution à ce problème?
Amicalement
Jean-Yves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're possibly getting some of the shortcuts a little muddled....Ctrl-Shift-E is the shorcut for Edit in Photoshop. So it's either Shift-E for normal export, or Ctrl-E for Export with Previous. But the right-click menu item should work. Have you tried clicking on the Share Icon top right, does that produce the full export menu with all the different options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci pour votre réponse rapide.
Je pratique Lr CC depuis bien des années et j'ai essayé l'ensemble des racourcis possible mais sans que cela n'ait de résultat...
Lorsque j'utilise, par exemple, les touches Cmd-Shift-E (iOS) la fenêtre "exporter une photo" apparait et quel que soit le type de fichier choisi (JPEG, TIF, ou Fichiers d'origine + Paramètres) quand je clique sur "exporter 1 photo" en haut à droite de ma fenêtre, rien ne se passe hors mis la barre de progression du processus qui apparait en noir en haut à gauche de la fenêtre et le processus reste ainsi en stand-buy indéfiniment 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim-

I appreciate the response. However, the app UI explicitely says "Ctrl + Shift + E" (see screenshot below). Regardless, clicking all those "export" options in this example also does nothing. The "get a link" and "invite people" links do work. Occasionally, there seems to be a very brief flash when I click one of the "export" options. I'd be super happy to learn I'm just clicking it wrong, but this feels very much like a software bug!

Nate0101_0-1601415732727.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, this still doesn't work after the latest few Lightroom updates, but at least I get an error message (sometimes) now:

Nate0101_0-1606845784926.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines