• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Export Option Not Available

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the free trial of Lightroom CC and I have no way of exporting my photos. The only options available are "Save Photo to.." and "Share To Facebook". I've googled this problem and no one else seems to have had this issue. There simply isn't an export option available where it should be, under "File". I've tried saving the photos to my computer, but the quality is different. I only have a few days left of the trial and would really like to get these exported before my time is out. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

I think you're jumping the gun a little right now. Lightroom CC, as it is right now, is a good tool for users who want to download images quickly and get them shared on social media. It isn't a tool for doing all the things that are possible with Lightroom Classic CC. It may evolve into that kind of a tool eventually, but that isn't where it is right now. Use it for what is and watch it grow and develop. As it does, you can grow as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're jumping the gun a little right now. Lightroom CC, as it is right now, is a good tool for users who want to download images quickly and get them shared on social media. It isn't a tool for doing all the things that are possible with Lightroom Classic CC. It may evolve into that kind of a tool eventually, but that isn't where it is right now. Use it for what is and watch it grow and develop. As it does, you can grow as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it it possible to trial Lightroom Classic CC?   I had no idea I was downloading a light version of Lightroom when I opted for Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save To" in LRCC is the equivalent of "Export" in LR Classic, although at this stage it has far less options than Classic.

However, the quality should be more or less the same, so what do you mean when you say "the quality is different"? Different to what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality of images "save to" in lightroom CC is lost dramatically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images that you are exporting originals or smart previews? What "Save to" options are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I had the same problem, and it was strange how difficult it was to find answers.  Initially I thought "I can't be the only person who has noticed there is no Export button..." when every video, message board, and help section says there should be one. 

The other person answering this question sparked the thought that maybe the "Save to..." settings were off, and he was right:  It was instinctive for me to save as "Original + Settings" because it seemed like that would mean my original image with the changes I made would be saved.  Nope! 

Long story short, save it as a JPEG and you'll be alright.  I'm sure your trial period is long over now, but I really hope that helps for the future!

Good luck!

My

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyPro818  wrote

Hi!

I had the same problem, and it was strange how difficult it was to find answers.  Initially I thought "I can't be the only person who has noticed there is no Export button..." when every video, message board, and help section says there should be one. 

The other person answering this question sparked the thought that maybe the "Save to..." settings were off, and he was right:  It was instinctive for me to save as "Original + Settings" because it seemed like that would mean my original image with the changes I made would be saved.  Nope! 

Long story short, save it as a JPEG and you'll be alright.  I'm sure your trial period is long over now, but I really hope that helps for the future!

Good luck!

My

I don't understand your comment here. If I save a NEF file using the Original + settings option, I find that it will save the NEF file along with a XMP file to a designated folder. So why are you saying, "Nope"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So helpful!!! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I need to change settings for my assignment, and i cannot do this without it. It shows to me "save to" whish is not enough. I need to change size of the photo and "export" window used to offer this option.... and "save to" - just save it as it is... nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Export window is in Lightroom Classic CC, and it is the one that has all of the export options you are referring to. Lightroom CC just as the "Save to" option, and it has only had the choices that it has now. It hasn't been changed or had features removed from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue. I have edited a photo (.tiff) and tried to save as I edited , but no way... only jpeg or original+settings . and when I opened "original+settings" in another folder it is unedited version. I am missing something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Export option is greyed/not available from the top level File dropdown menu, then the only way to get Lightroom CC to export is to do the following:

1) Select the images you want to export and insure they are highlighted in the main display area of lightroom. 

2) Right click or Option-click over the selected images to bring up a contextual set of options. One of those options should be "Export"

3) Select export from this floating menu, and then select the file type of output. I usually select original and settings. 

4) Once you do this you will be prompted to select/confirm a folder into which the images will be then saved. 

Make sure you have enough harddrive space available before you do the export. 

This is a super annoying UI bug in LR. I have encounted this on the Mac with the latest OS and CC updates. That said, this same kind of problem happens in other applications like Figma. The option-click on track pad, or right click on a mouse is a good thing to try when everything else fails. But let's be clear, this is a bug and a failure on the part of Adobe which otherwise makes great applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines