• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Flickering on Mac OS

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive noticed after the current lightroom update my screen has been flickering. I thought this was my monitor being the problem but after editing photos today and having multiple windows open and multitasking, just the area where the lightroom window is open is flickering. 

there is another issue with color accuracy when exporting photos. I am very sensitive to differences in colors since using a calibrated screen and recalibrating using xrite i1display plus atleast once per month. what it looks like in the editing screen looks how I want it. then in the export preview it looks different from what it looked like while editing. the exported photo looks the same as what it looked like in the export preview. it does bug. I thought it was a colorspace bottleneck but in the export preview I tried switching the colorspaces from sRGB to others like TIFF and Profoto but it did not affect the preview image looking different than the edit window. 

this really bugs me because i have put in so much work in calibrating colors of all my devices and maintaining color accuracy and putting in the work to grade the image, and all the work being put to waste when the exported image will not look like what I graded. even when viewed on the same screen. the exported photo looks like it has less contrast, cooler color, and a shift of green tint than what I expected. 

I am running lightroom Version 5.1 20211204-1710e71941 Build.

Macbook pro 16" 2019 8 core intel - Mac OS Big Sur Verison 11.6.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try turning off the "Use Graphics Processor" option located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance menu and let us know how it goes?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sahil

Thank you for your response. This absolutely worked. the graphic switching was on 'Auto'.  Switching the graphics processor from off to custom changes the colors on the editing screen. Turning the graphics acceleration to off looks to set the colors and tones to how I remember they look when I wrote this post. 

Now, I dont like having graphic acceleration turned off,why have a dedicated GPU if im going to turn this setting off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines