Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom for iPad: direct import from camera device not available

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with Lightroom Mobile: I can't use the direct import feature. When I connect my Lightning to SD adapter to the iPad, the Import from Camera Device option in the Add Photos menu remains grayed out. I know the adapter itself works properly because I can import photos into the system camera roll without any issues whatsoever. 

My configuration: Lightroom Mobile 5.3.1, iPadOS 13.6 running on iPad Pro 2017, Apple Lightning to SD adapter. My cameras: Panasonic Lumix GX8 and GX85.

I would be grateful for any assistance,  because this seriously breaks my workflow (I usually import and sort photos on my iPad before editing them on my desktop PC).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Hello,

Please check iOS Settings.app > Privacy > Files and Folders > Lightroom and see if that button is On. 

If you see two settings, try turning both Off and then back On.  This should help consolidate this back into the one expected setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please check iOS Settings.app > Privacy > Files and Folders > Lightroom and see if that button is On. 

If you see two settings, try turning both Off and then back On.  This should help consolidate this back into the one expected setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for the helpful response - I was having the same problem with my iPhone, which did not detect connected devices (in contrast to my iPad, which did). I tried restarting the iPhone, toggling options under Lightroom in the main settings menu and even deleting and reinstalling Lightroom Mobile, to no effect.

After reading your reply, I checked the Privacy settings and there it was - Lightroom was not allowed to access Files. Toggling the setting to On solved the problem.

Also thanks to ShovelKnight - I decided to take a look at the forums before I contacted Adobe support, and it paid off. I hope your problem has also been solved.

Thanks again and Best Regards,

Onur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was indeed my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this answer. I had this same problem. I had not changed any settings on my phone but when I updated the Lightroom app it somehow changed my settings. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem.  I am trying to import images from a pc onto my ipad.  I can find the locaion in LR and I can select them for import.  But when I push the open button nothing happens.  When I go to settings and open privacy.>files and folders tab I see two Lightroom entries. I one and the other closed.  I cannot open the closed one.  What do I need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gggrtaylor Try restarting your device, and then try toggling OFF both Lightroom entries at:
iOS Settings.app > Privacy > Files and Folders > Lightroom

My hope is this reduces the number Lightroom entries you see to just one, and then the toggle will work.  Please let us know if this works or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only one LR icon on the iPad.  The two show up only in the privacy section of settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into Privacy/files and folders and tapped the LR button that was off and it disappeared.  I rebooted the iPad and back to the privacy setting.  Only one LR button was there and it was on. I then went into LR and tried to import several images, but nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gggrtaylor 

"I rebooted the iPad and back to the privacy setting.  Only one LR button was there"
This should be all you need to import images from Files into Lightroom. Perhaps try toggling the setting off and back On once more to see if that helps

If this is failing, what image file format and camera model relate to you images?  Now that you've overcome the privacy setting, I wonder if the images are compatible?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to import DNG files which I can easily import on. PC. I have also noticed that after rebooting is that when I go the the privacy folder the two LR listings are back.  One is off, the other is on.  The one that is off will not turn on.  But when I turn the one that is on off and back on again.  The other listing disappears.  I have also tried to import jpg files and they will not import either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines