• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Freezing 2024

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom seems to freeze/crash after I rate or edit about 5 or less Raw photos in a row. It has never done this until about 2 months ago. I'm thinking maybe an update from adobe, windows, or graphics driver is what's causing the issue. Or maybe I have some corrupt settings/data somewhere. I cleared the cache, ensured everything was updated, ensured power plan was set on high, and restarted my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and paused cloud syncing. But the issue persists. Lightroom mobile was also freezing when I would try to do edits. 

All editing features seem to work fine before it crashes. Once I've rated a few photos, Lightroom completely freezes and I have to end it through task manager. Pasting image adjustments to a photo also seems to freeze Lightroom. When I reopen, the ratings and edits are usually saved. 
Also when I crop images, the entire image fluctuates in size rapidly. This doesn't immediately cause a freeze, but is weird.

I recently tried disabling my GPU in the settings and that seems to have stabilized Lightroom and it isn't crashing now. But the one crash report when the GPU was enabled that I have doesn't say anything about that being the problem. I've attached a copy of that report. And I'd prefer to not rely on internal graphics on my CPU.

I have a beefy AMD CPU and GPU. 

MSI Gaming Radeon RX 6900 XT Gaming X Trio 16G

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x 12 Core 3.7 GHz 

G.SKILL TridentZ Series RAM 32GB DDR4 3600

1000watt Power Supply

Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If disabling the GPU helped, then I recommend that you check whether you're using the most recent version of the GPU driver. You can check for more recent AMD drivers at https://www.amd.com/en/support/download/drivers.html

BTW, the 'Studio' version of the drivers are better suited to LrD, etc that the 'Gaming' versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines