• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom import from SD cards fail every time

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last several months Lightroom will begin processing thumbnail previews of photos on my SD card, but at random times the import window will disappear.  After 2-3 attempts the app itself crashes.  At first I thought it was due to my SD card.  It was nearing capacity and would take forever to bring up the previews.  I bought a new SD card.  Still does the same thing even though it's nearly empty.  Next I thought the SD card reader could be the problem so I bought a new $40 reader.  First time using it...same thing.  The card and reader are fine because I can import into the iPad photos app with no problem.  I was so happy when Adobe added the import direct to Lightroom feature a while back.  Now I'm back to the annoying process of importing to Photos first, them bringing them into Lightroom, then going back and deleting them from Photos.

I feel like I'm back in 2018.  If anyone has a fix to get me back to present day it would be GREATLY appreciated.

iPad Pro - 3rd generation

iPadOS 15.5

Lightroom v. 7.3.3 

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you for reporting this, what camera are you importing images from?
Any info about the images?

How large is your card, and how many images do you have in it?
Have you tried to restart the device and try again?
Does that improve the amount of images imported before random crash?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Canon 80D, but I take the card out of the camera and insert it in a card reader

Cards are 32GB.  The first one had hundreds on it before Lightroom started having issues with it.  The new one has had the same problem from the beginning.

I've restarted it several times since this began happening months ago.  iPadOS and the app have both updated multiple times after this started happening with no change/improvement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines